7th May 2017, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose for IFS after doing graduation in science?

Hi, I am in 10th right now soon going to be in 11th standard . I am thinking to do graduation in science. What subjects should I take for IFS and is it necessary to know Mathematics and Physics for IFS. And how do I prepare for UPSC exams in future? Awaiting for the response soon. Thank you!

9th May 2017, 12:05 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose for IFS after doing graduation in science?

In order to apply for IFS examination, you must have to complete your Graduation first.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation with Science stream from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for IFS examination. Candidates must have to study Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics in class 12th to be eligible for above mentioned examination.
9th May 2017, 04:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose for IFS after doing graduation in science?

For foreign service there is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for Civil Service examination.

For Forest Service the required eligibility is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in Botany, Zoology, Chemistry,Mathematics etc.

So, as per your interest in specific service you can pursue your course in 12th and bachelor degree to appear for examination. For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th May 2017, 10:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I am in 10th right now soon going to be in 11th standard . I am thinking to do graduation in science. What subjects should I take for IFS and is it necessary to know Mathematics and Physics for IFS. And how do I prepare for UPSC exams in future? Awaiting for the response soon. Thank you!
If you have completed graduation degree in below given subjects then you are eligible for IFS exam.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?