Unregistered

What subjects should I take to become an IAS officer through B.Tech

what subjects to be intersted beome ias officer thrugh btech

Related Questions:
30th June 2015, 08:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects should I take to become an IAS officer through B.Tech

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. It comes under the Civil Services of Indian Government.

Union Public Service Commission conducts Civil Services examination every year once where lacs of candidates appear for thousand odd seats.

Eligibility criteria:

Minimum of bachelor's degree in any discipline is required to crack this exam. If you have done bachelor's degree with even passing percentage of marks, you are eligible to appear for the exam.

The age limit is 21-32 years for candidates of general category from 2015. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years age relaxation to SC/ST category.

Number of attempts:

General: 6

OBC: 9

SC/ST candidate: no limit till upper age limit.

So as to become IAS officer, you need to crack the various stages of Civil Services examination.

1. Preliminary Stage

2. Mains examination: In mains examination there are two compulsory language papers you need to clear. Four General studies paper is present.

You need to select an optional paper from different subjects mentioned by UPSC. There are two 300 marks papers of your optional paper.

The best subject for B.Tech graduate is to select the stream of your engineering in which you have done bachelor of technology. For example if you have done B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, you can select electrical engineering as an optional paper.

3. Personal interview.
2nd September 2015, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

WHAT SUBJECT SHOULD I TAKE IN 11 AND 12
WHAT QUALITY DOES AN IAS REQUARED
TO HAVE
WHAT IS THE JOB OF AN IAS OFFICER
23rd April 2020, 09:56 AM
Unregistered

After 12th as a maths students what to take for IAS
26th September 2020, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should learn to become a IAS after completion of btech graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?