29th October 2015, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Is there any candidates who have become IAS with 40% marks in Graduation level?

Is there any candidates who have become IAS with 40% marks in Graduation level? Can you please let me know the information? Is there any chance for the candidate who is already taken less marks to become the IAS? Who can provide me this information?

29th October 2015, 10:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any candidates who have become IAS with 40% marks in Graduation level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is there any candidates who have become IAS with 40% marks in Graduation level? Can you please let me know the information? Is there any chance for the candidate who is already taken less marks to become the IAS? Who can provide me this information?
You have got 40% marks in graduation degree so you are eligible for IAS entrance exam because this entrance exam doesn't require any percentage marks.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
29th October 2015, 12:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any candidates who have become IAS with 40% marks in Graduation level?

There are so many candidates who have become Indian Administrative Services Officer but name is not necessary for that. You must know that even if a candidate has passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree he/she can apply for the examination called Civil Services examination.

There is no percentage criteria mentioned in this exam, candidate just need to clear all the papers of bachelor's degree and there should be no pending backlogs. All you need to do to become IAS officer is to clear all the three stages of this examination:

1. Preliminary Examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Personal interview.

The minimum age limit is 21 years for the exam and upper age is 32 years for general candidates and relaxation in upper age limit given to OBC and SC/ST candidates.
29th October 2015, 01:20 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

It is tough to give the details of the candidate but there are many candidates who have qualified in the civil services examination even with the less aggregate in the graduation.

So if you have scored just qualifying percentage in the graduation and have prepared hard and qualifies in all the stages of the civil services examination then you are eligible to get the recruitment as an IAS.

The eligibility to become an I.A.S is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university and age between the 21-32 years and relaxation for the reserved category.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
29th October 2015, 02:34 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates name does not matter much as according to the UPSC civil services examination notifications.

The required eligibility to appear for the Civil services examination is candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university in any discipline. The age must be between the 21-32 years for the general category and relaxation in the upper age limit for the OBC and the SC/ST category.

The examination is conducted in the three stages and if any candidates qualify in all these stages are eligible to get the recruitment as an officer. So if you have scored only 40% but interested in the examination or the service you can appear for the examination.
29th October 2015, 06:12 PM
ant man

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Eligibility ;
1. You must complete degree from a recognised university.
2. Your age must be in 21 - 30 years for applying.
3. There is no marks percentage required in degree.

By having 40% marks in degree a candidate can be eligible but every year about lakhs of students apply for IAS. Only hundreds of students get passed out.

IAS is one of the most toughest exam.
29th October 2015, 06:30 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Graduation is just an eligibility criteria and it will depend on your performance in the IAS exam. There is no record of candidates who have made it to IAS level with less marks but there are examples of many students from rural areas cracking this exam.

Therefore, it is up to you to motivate yourself for achieving the impossible. If you don't have the zeal then you will have doubt about your selection.
29th October 2015, 07:21 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes there is a possibility to become IAS Officer with your percentage of marks. But yes you need to fulfill the criteria to become an IAS Officer.

Eligibility to become IAS Officer :

<> You should complete " Graduation " from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

<> Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is a Age relaxation as per the UPSC norms.

<> Final year candidates of graduation can also eligible to apply for IAS officer.
29th October 2015, 08:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

We cannot know whether the candidates who have secured 40% marks in Graduation have become an IAS officer or not. No percentage criteria in Graduation is required to become an IAS officer. To become an IAS officer, you must have to appear and qualify IAS examination after completion of your Graduation course. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

3. You must have completed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

4. You must be Physically fit as per Physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
30th October 2015, 01:39 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Well, minimum marks is no mandatory for Civil Service exams. So, please don't worry about your Graduation. Those candidates who have successfully completed Graduation are eligible to appear in the Civil Service. The candidate should qualify in the three stages in order to become an IAS officer. The three stages such as,

- Civil Service Aptitude Test
- Main Exam and
- Interview.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The applicant must complete Graduation or equivalent from a recognized University.
- The applicant age should be not less than 21 years and not more than 30 years and 3 years relaxation applicable for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Official website - www.upsc.gov.in
30th October 2015, 06:00 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Where there's a will, there's a way.

# Of course, there are large number of candidates who have qualified the IAS Examination with poor academic record.

# A candidate with poor academic record can even crack the Civil Service Examination. Here such candidate requires special study strategy with emphasis on strengthening basic concepts.

# Candidates with poor academic record are required to plan their preparation. They should refer NCERT books, join any reputed coaching centre, refer standard books of reputed authors.

# Such candidate has to make serious preparation of self-study of at least two to three years in order to make himself/herself to compete with other competitors in IAS Examination.
25th July 2018, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my Graduation with simple B.A without honours can i eligible for IAS exam.
29th October 2018, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 47% marks in Graduation (BA) and want to clear Upsc exam....Will you help me how much time Should I give for this Exam...and what should be the my Strategy to study..
4th January 2019, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

How aggregate percentage of BA degree of Kerala university (old scheme) is calculated, whether taking percentage of part 3 or taking percentage of all parts taken together
14th July 2019, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

I have got 45% in my graduation can I appear UPSC civil services exam
4th February 2020, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

I have got 37% in graduation is there any chances of UPSC?
27th April 2020, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

I got failed two times in graduation (1st and 2nd year), will there be any impact on IAS recruitment?
11th August 2020, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir /madam I have 45% in graduation and i want to crack maharashtrat sate civil service exam can I prepare for this exam
17th August 2020, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to write the UPSC when I completed my B.com in 5 years because of backlogs?
25th September 2021, 12:43 PM
Minal F

Yes,
Candidates must have a graduation degree from a recognized university are Eligible for IAS.

Age limit- 21 - 32 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?