27th August 2015, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have got only 53% mars in MA English?

Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have got only 53% mars in MA English? Can you please brief me out about the complete eligibility criteria which is followed? What type of preparation is required now? Can someone please give me the complete steps information.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  2. Am I eligible to do PhD in English after completion of MA English with 53% marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Am I eligible to do PhD in English without any entrance exam if completed M.A. from Karnataka State Open University?
  4. From which university I can do PhD after completion of my M.Phil and MA with 53% marks in English?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D in English after completing MA in English with 50.1%?
  6. How can I get admission to study PhD in English if secured 50% in M.A.(English) being a 52 years old candidate?
  7. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  8. Information about pursuing PhD English from IGNOU?
  9. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  10. Procedure of pursuing PhD in English from JNU?
  11. Am I eligible to study Part Time PhD in English if secured 53% in Post Graduation?
  12. Am I eligible to do PhD in English Literature?
  13. Can I do Ph.D after completion of English through distance education?
  14. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?
  15. Am I eligible for PhD from Mumbai University having 46% in MA?
  16. Possibility to study PhD in English for a candidate who has secured 51% in M.A.?
  17. Can I get admission to study PhD in English in Auxilium College, Vellore being a 48 years old candidate?
  18. Eligibility to study PhD for a candidate who has completed Graduation in Media Mass and Post Graduation in English?
27th August 2015, 03:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have got only 53% mars in MA English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Ph.D if I have got only 53% mars in MA English? Can you please brief me out about the complete eligibility criteria which is followed? What type of preparation is required now? Can someone please give me the complete steps information.
You have complete M.A in English with 53% so you are not eligible for Ph.D course.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
27th August 2015, 10:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are a general category candidate then you are not eligible for PH.D admission with 53% marks in India. You need at least 55% marks in post graduation to become eligible.

If you belong to reserved category then you need 50% marks after getting relaxation. Admission is on merit and you have to score top marks in written exam and interview.
28th August 2015, 10:28 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry that you are not eligible for PhD after completing MA in English with 53% of marks. It is mandatory the candidate must score at least 55% of marks at Master Degree level to be eligible for PhD.

Master Degree in concerned subject with 55% of marks can apply for PhD courses. Admission to the PhD course is based on the written exam carried out by the respective university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?