3rd September 2016, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D?

i want to get the admission for phd so please provide me the information how to get the admission. what should i have to do??. Can someone who already got the admission let me know the steps which we have to follow? Awaiting for the quick response.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? List of universities offering PhD in tourism? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Admission procedure of PhD in Human Development?
  3. Procedure to get admission in PhD after MCA?
  4. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? University offering Ph.D in tourism? Procedure to take admission in IGNOU Ph.D in Tourism?
  5. Which one choose between M.Phil and Phd? What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IGNOU?
  6. What is the procedure to take admission in PhD Education? -- [New]
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD in Chemistry in Indore?
  8. Admission procedure to study PhD in Computer Application for a candidate who has secured 67% in MCA?
  9. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  10. What is the procedure followed to get admission for PhD in Bengali in Kolkata?
  11. NET qualified person can get direct admission in PhD? Procedure to get admission?
  12. List of universities offering PhD in Law in India? Admission procedure and specializations offered in PhD(Law)?
  13. Procedure to get admission for PhD course in Delhi University after completion of M.Sc in Maths with 60 percentage marks?
  14. Admission procedure to study PhD in Hindi at any Open University?
  15. After M.Com can I do PhD? Procedure of doing PhD?
  16. Admission procedure to study PhD in Pharmacy for a postgraduate? Entrance exams to get admission?
  17. Procedure to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Chemistry? Which topics should I choose?
  18. What is the admission procedure for Ph.D course in GGU?
9th September 2016, 08:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D?

To get admission in Ph.D course after completion of your Master's degree course, you have to appear in SET/ NET/ GATE/ JRF examination. If you qualify the entrance examination with good score and rank, you can get admission for doing Ph.D course. Some universities also conducts their own entrance test for offering admission in Ph.D course. In such cases, you need to appear in the respective entrance examination conducted by university and by qualifying and securing good rank in the entrance examination, you can get admission in Ph.D course.
11th September 2016, 06:45 PM
naveedtawargeri

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D?

Assuming you are master's (Mtech,Ms,MA)

There are four type of universities in India.
1. Central and State Universities.
2. State Private Universities.
3. Deemed Universities.
4. Institutes of National Importance.

To get admission into these universities you have to appear one of the following exams.

1. National Eligibility Test (NET)
2. University Grants Commission (UGC)
3. Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR).
4. Graduation Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE).
5.Applying through EdCIL (for international students).

Based on your performance in exam, You will be called for written test and Interview at the scheduled date, by performing well in exam you can get the admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?