27th November 2016, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Can I get direct admission in Ph.D without entrance exam with NET/JRF marks? Cut off marks for it?

Hello sir, I have completed B.Sc in Chemistry from Pune University and applied for NET/ JRF exam. I want to know can I get direct admission in Ph.D without entrance exam for it? Cut off marks for it?

30th November 2016, 10:55 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get direct admission in Ph.D without entrance exam with NET/JRF marks? Cut off marks for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I have completed B.Sc in Chemistry from Pune University and applied for NET/ JRF exam. I want to know can I get direct admission in Ph.D without entrance exam for it? Cut off marks for it?
You have completed B.Sc degree in Chemistry, so you are not eligible for UGC NET exam. So first complete your masters degree from a recognized University then you can apply for CSIR NET exam.

To get admission in masters degree, you should qualify in masters degree with 55% marks from a recognized University.
30th November 2016, 07:12 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get direct admission in Ph.D without entrance exam with NET/JRF marks? Cut off marks for it?

I am sorry to say that you cannot get direct admission to study Ph.D course without appearing and qualifying in the NET examination.
Since you have completed B.Sc in Chemistry, you are not eligible for the NET examination at this instant.
You must have to complete Masters degree in the relevant field in order to be eligible for NET examination.
Cut off marks changes every year based on the competition, so you must wait for the announcement of this year cut off marks to get the exact details.
30th November 2016, 09:35 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to get admission for Ph.D you have to appear for an entrance examination conducted every year. Without qualifying the entrance examination you won't be allowed to get admission for Ph.D. The selection will be done on the basis of marks secured in the examination. But, if you have already qualified UGC CSIR NET/JRF examination then there is no need to appear for then entrance examination. With NET/JRF score you can get direct admission in any Ph.D programme.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?