30th October 2016, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Is there any age limit for IIT to accept Ph.D or M.Tech?

Hi,

I am giving my third attempt in gate instrumentation
i want to know that how much rank will be enough for getting admission in mtech or Phd
in iit's even when i am giving my THIRD attempts. Can you please guide me soon?

please help
thank you

31st October 2016, 10:36 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age limit for IIT to accept Ph.D or M.Tech?

There is no age limit for Master of technology at Indian Institute of Technology. The admission in IIT in M.Tech is done through Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. GATE is conducted by IIT or IISC. If you rank in GATE examination is below 500 then most probably you will get admission top IITs like Delhi Kanpur, Kharagpur etc for Master of Technology.

Eligibility criteria for PhD:

>>Candidates who have done bachelor of technology or engineering must have secured minimum of 70% marks or 7.5 CGPA on 10 point scale. Second criteria is that you must have qualified GATE for full time PhD course.

There is no limit on number of attempts for GATE examination.
31st October 2016, 05:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any age limit for IIT to accept Ph.D or M.Tech?

The eligibility criteria for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or master's degree in science, computer applications etc to apply for this examination. Candidates with passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree can also apply for this exam.

2. Number of attempts is unlimited which means, you can attempt this exam at any age.

Engineering candidates need to have minimum of 70% marks and qualified GATE to pursue full time PhD course.

IIT PhD criteria: Check criteria .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?