23rd July 2016, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

What are the entrance exams I need to give to join Ph.D in English Literature in Chennai?

I am manjula MA (english). I want to join phd in English literature in India especially in chennai. when will the entrance exams for this course? Can you please let me know the preparations which we need to do for the same? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  2. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  3. Detailed information about PhD English Literature?
  4. Detailed information about PhD in English Literature?
  5. Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam? List of universities for admission?
  6. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in India? Entrance exam to get admission?
  7. Is it possible to study PhD in English Literature without appearing in any entrance exam for distance English postgraduate?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in English literature after completion of MA in English? -- [New]
  9. Eligibility for PhD course in English Literature through online mode?
  10. In which country I should pursue M.A. and PhD(English Literature) in Abroad?
  11. Previous year question papers of Jadavpur University Ph.D entrance exam for English Literature?
  12. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  13. Information about PhDin English Literature from IGNOU?
  14. Can I study PhD if pursuing Distance M.A. in English Literature?
  15. Phd in english literature from R.S.S.U university of Raipur (C.G). procedure and papers -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  17. Minimum marks required in 12th to study B.A.(English Literature) in any Autonomous college of Chennai?
  18. List of colleges which offer PhD in English Literature in UK? Procedure to get admission?

25th July 2016, 12:12 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the entrance exams I need to give to join Ph.D in English Literature in Chennai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am manjula MA (english). I want to join phd in English literature in India especially in chennai. when will the entrance exams for this course? Can you please let me know the preparations which we need to do for the same? Awaiting for the response.
You should qualify in UGC NET exam to get admission in Ph.D course in English in Chennai.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by UGC.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?