10th May 2016, 11:06 AM
Unregistered

What is the percentage requirement in PG course for doing Ph.D course?

What is the percentage requirement in PG course for doing Ph.D course? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? Can you please guide me with the details on this as soon as possible? Awaiting for the quicker response on this.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum qualification required to do Ph.D?
  2. What's the minimum percentage requirement for doing PhD in abst for M.Com from Rajasthan university? List of courses I can opt for with 40% marks -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Why there is a requirement on percentage of marks for post graduation? -- [New]
  4. Should I do PhD in correspondence if done M.Sc correspondence? Good colleges in Delhi and requirement for admission?
  5. What is the minimum requirement of Ph.D in English? How many days will it take to complete Ph.D?
  6. What is the requirement and procedure to get admission for Ph.D?
  7. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc to get admission in PhD? Cost of acquiring a PhD seat?
  8. What's the minimum percentage requirement in PG(Master of commerce) for writing Ph.D entrance exam?
  9. What is the percentage requirement for doing Ph.D?
  10. How will GRE score helpful for me to do M.Tech in Biotechnology?
  11. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  12. What is the percentage requirement in 12th to do CA course?
  13. How much percentage is needed to get in B.Tech? What are the other requirements? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Percentage required in M.A. to study PhD in History?
  15. What is the percentage requirement to enter in professional program of ACS after passing BBA? Can we apply for it with an overall percentage of 50%?
  16. Is there any requirement of percentage in IGNOU?
  17. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  18. What is the percentage requirement criteria for doing Ph.D in commerce stream?
11th May 2016, 11:54 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage requirement in PG course for doing Ph.D course?

Eligibility Criteria Required to do Ph.D in India:

The minimum percentage required basically varies from institute to institute and also varies based on their concerned college's selection criteria.

In general, the minimum and safe percentage required is Post Graduation is "60% marks" from a recognized university.

You will have to appear in of the below mentioned entrance examinations to pursue Ph.D in India. Several Entrance Examinations are,

>> National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by University Grants Commission

>> CSIR NET Exam

>> GPAT Entrance Exam

>> Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
11th May 2016, 11:56 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage requirement in PG course for doing Ph.D course?

Eligibility criteria to PH.D course:-

Those candidates who have completed post graduate degree from a recognised University with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
12th May 2016, 11:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the percentage requirement in PG course for doing Ph.D course? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? Can you please guide me with the details on this as soon as possible? Awaiting for the quicker response on this.
If you have scored above 55% marks from a recognized University, then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.
13th May 2016, 12:48 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The minimum percentage required in Post Graduation is 55% marks for General Category and for SC/ST 50% marks to do PhD programme. Apart from this the aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission. You can apply to the university for the admission. If you already cleared UGC/CSIR/JRF/NET/SLET/M.Phil/GATE, then you are exempted from the entrance examination.
13th May 2016, 10:22 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria to do Ph.D course, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed their Master's degree from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?