12th July 2016, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D after completion of MA course?

Dear Sir/Mam,
My name is Martina Basu.i completed my graduation frm North Bengal University.and i have jst done my M.A from Rabndra Bharati Distnce Education.i got 53.75%in M.A part1.now i want to continue my studies further.i want to do Phd. bt i dont know any thing about this.how much marks i wll have needed?or whats are the next process. even my parent's dont know what to do?where to go?im new in kolkata.we started livng in kolkata from2011.thus i had to go for distance education.can i do phd in bengali?this is my heartly whis to do phd.plz sir plz help me.Sir this is my humble reqst to u give me some basic information about it.give me some knowledge.so it wll help me more to go next,sir i wll be waiting for ur reply.

Your's faithfully,
Martina Basu.

13th July 2016, 12:23 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D after completion of MA course?

To do Ph.D, first you must have completed your Masters Degree from a recognised University. Then you have to appear in the UGC NET examination, qualifying in which you will be eligible to take admission for pursuing Ph.D.
The eligibility criteria required to appear in the UGC NET examination is that a candidate must have completed Master's Degree course from a recognised University with 55% of marks.
There is no age criteria for NET examination.
14th July 2016, 12:56 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to do Ph.D after completion of MA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,
My name is Martina Basu.i completed my graduation frm North Bengal University.and i have jst done my M.A from Rabndra Bharati Distnce Education.i got 53.75%in M.A part1.now i want to continue my studies further.i want to do Phd. bt i dont know any thing about this.how much marks i wll have needed?or whats are the next process. even my parent's dont know what to do?where to go?im new in kolkata.we started livng in kolkata from2011.thus i had to go for distance education.can i do phd in bengali?this is my heartly whis to do phd.plz sir plz help me.Sir this is my humble reqst to u give me some basic information about it.give me some knowledge.so it wll help me more to go next,sir i wll be waiting for ur reply.

Your's faithfully,
Martina Basu.
The interested candidates should apply to the university for admission to the PhD program after completion of MA course. For a PhD, candidates should have passed OR completed MA course in the relevant discipline with minimum 55% marks for general candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST candidates. Candidates will be selected through written test and interview. Candidates who have cleared NET/SET or equivalent national level examination will be exempted from the entrance test. The PhD program is available in various universities in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?