11th February 2016, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D course?

What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D course? I just wanted to know how to apply for the course and get admission for the course. It will be helpful if you can give me the information on the same as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? List of universities offering PhD in tourism?
  2. Admission procedure of PhD in Human Development?
  3. Procedure to get admission in PhD after MCA?
  4. Procedure to get admission in Ph.D? University offering Ph.D in tourism? Procedure to take admission in IGNOU Ph.D in Tourism?
  5. Admission procedure to study PhD in Computer Application for a candidate who has secured 67% in MCA?
  6. Procedure to get admission in Manipal University to study PhD in Microbiology for a SC candidate who has secured 32.33 percentile in GATE? List of PhD colleges offering admission with this GATE scorecard?
  7. NET qualified person can get direct admission in PhD? Procedure to get admission?
  8. Admission procedure to study PhD in Pharmacy for a postgraduate? Entrance exams to get admission?
  9. After M.Com can I do PhD? Procedure of doing PhD?
  10. What is the admission procedure for Ph.D course in GGU?
  11. Admission procedure of PhD in Zoology at Bangalore?
  12. In which subject I should apply for PhD if completed MPT-Sports? Procedure to get admission?
  13. For which subject I should apply for PhD after completing MPT-Sports? What is the procedure to get admission in Ph.D?
  14. Admission procedure of phd in zoology or other related fields? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get admission in PhD in Hindi course if secure 50% in M.A.? Procedure to get admission?
  16. What is the procedure followed to take admission for Ph.D in Uttar Pradesh University?
  17. Procedure and date of admission for PhD Computer Science in Mumbai University?
  18. Institutes and admission procedure for PhD in Microbiology?
11th February 2016, 02:14 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D course?

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for any Ph.D course is that the candidate must have passed masters degree course with atleast 55% marks from a recognized university.

All universities conduct a separate entrance exam for admission to Ph.D course.

Select a college you wish to apply for and obtain an application form from the respective university or you can download it on their official website. Fill the application form and submit it back before the closing date of application.

The candidate has to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the university to avail admission for Ph.D course. The admission will be based on merit in the qualifying and entrance examination.
11th February 2016, 11:53 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Ph.D course? I just wanted to know how to apply for the course and get admission for the course. It will be helpful if you can give me the information on the same as soon as possible.

Thanks!
The candidate should have studied Master’s Degree with 60% (some universities 55%) marks. This is the main eligibility to do PhD course. The next step is you have to clear NET examination for the admission to the PhD course. There may be an entrance examination for those who have not cleared the NET examination. Then you have to apply to the university either online or offline for the admission. After short listing you will be called for an interview before selection. The course is available in many universities in India like;
12th February 2016, 01:39 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

A candidate is eligible for the course of PhD if he has secured more than 50% marks in the Masters Degree.
According to the subject that you want to pursue in your PhD course you need to appear for the Entrance Examination.
Once you have cleared the Entrance Examination as well as the corresponding Personal Interview you will be eligible to take admission to the course of PhD.
You need to follow this process to be eligible for the course of PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?