25th January 2018, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET 2018 exam after completion of post graduation?

Sir/Mam, If I complete B.p.ed and M.p.ed both from open university then will I be eligible for the NET exam? What are the minimum criteria followed? It will be helpful for me to take the next call to apply for the exam or not in the present year. Kindly help.

Related Questions:
28th January 2018, 12:06 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET 2018 exam after completion of post graduation?

To appear for NET examination, you should have completed your master's degree with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university. The maximum age for JRF is 30 years and for lectureship there is no age limit. Age and marks relaxation will be applicable on reserved category candidates. If you have completed B.Ed and M.Ed from open university, then you have to make sure that the institute should be recognized by UGC and DEC.
28th January 2018, 11:09 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET 2018 exam after completion of post graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for NET (National Eligibility Test) 2018 after completing post graduation degree because qualification required to apply for NET exam is post graduate degree from government recognized institute with minimum 50% obtained. Here below are details regarding NET 2018:-

Eligibility Conditions to apply for NET 2018:-
  • Age limit to apply for NET exam is 22 to 30 years, Relaxation of 3 years for OBC category candidates, Relaxation of 5 years in age limit for SC/ST category candidates.
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for NET 2018 is master degree or equivalent qualification from UGC recognized institute with minimum 50% marks obtained, relaxation of 5% marks for reserve category candidates.

Important Dates for NET 2018:-

• Starting of online application:- 6th March 2018.
  • Last date for fee submission:- 6th April 2018.
  • NET exam 2018 date:- 8th July 2018.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?