27th August 2016, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I start preparation for civil services exam in B.Tech or after taking up M.Tech course?

i presently doing my b.tech 2nd year. i am interested for preparing for civil service exams . should i choose it now or to prepare later on after finishing of m.tech as i am interested for m.tech degree.? Which will be better? Can you please suggest me the best thing to do now?

27th August 2016, 11:40 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I start preparation for civil services exam in B.Tech or after taking up M.Tech course?

The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Bachelor of technology candidates are eligible for this exam and even final year candidates can apply for it.

1. You must start your preparation from second year of engineering for this exam. Going for Civil Services examination after Master's degree is not a good decision from my point of view.

Civil Services examination requires lots of energy and study to crack it. It is tough exam where more than 5-10 lacs candidate apply for 1000-1200 seats every year.

Minimum age limit is 21 years. You can start your preparation through basic NCERT books of social science and science. You can also join coaching institute in final year for better preparation of this exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?