18th March 2016, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

Details and procedure to apply in GATE for 11th student?

Hi,
I am Chamundeeswari and I am an 11th standard student. I want to know that how can I apply and prepare for GATE? I would like to inform you that I have a very good basics in my subjects and scores above 95% in all my school exams. I like to inform you that till now I doesn't take any coaching for the GATE. Is it possible for me to take the GATE? If so please give the details of it. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure and eligibility to apply in JEE Main and Advanced for 11th Science student?
  2. How can I apply and get booklet of GATE? Procedure, last date of application, important dates and benefits of GATE?
  3. How can I prepare to score good marks in GATE? Procedure to apply for GATE counselling?
  4. Detailed Procedure to apply for SCRA Exam?
  5. Procedure to applying Scholarship for 11th student?
  6. What is the procedure for CS? I have passed 11th
  7. Detailed admission procedure and total expenses to study 11th in CBSE Residential School for 10th ICSE student?
  8. Procedure for getting admission in GTU? Details about the entrance exam? Eligibility criteria for admision in M.Tech without GATE score?
  9. Detailed procedure and eligibility to apply in NDA/NA entrance exam for 11th Science student?
  10. Good jobs in the Indian Air Force as a pilot for 11th standard Non-Medical student? Salary details? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What is the complete procedure before CS? I am a in 11th standard
  12. Procedure for M.Tech through GATE for B.Tech student?
  13. Procedure to apply for job in PSU for B.Tech(E&TC) 4th year student through GATE? Eligibility to apply for job?
  14. What is the procedure to be followed for changing school in 12th standard?
  15. How to apply for M.Tech in Biotechnology? Are there any Entrance Exams for M.Tech. in Biotechnology?
  16. What should I study in 11th among Science and Humanities to make a career in Civil Services? Procedure to appear in IAS exam if pursue 11th Science?
  17. Details about the admission procedure of IISER?
  18. Procedure for admission in IMA? I am a 11th class student
20th March 2016, 02:31 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Details and procedure to apply in GATE for 11th student?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is conducted every year for admission of candidates in IIT, NIT and other institutes.

No, you are not eligible to appear for examination now, as per your educational qualification as minimum required qualification to appear for examination is B.Tech/B.E from any recognised university or have master's degree in other discipline.

So, you have to wait till bachelor degree if you pursue B.tech course. It is not mandatory to take coaching for preparation as hundreds of student qualify in examination every year with self study.
20th March 2016, 03:13 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is entrance exam conducted for admission in Master of Technology by IIT.

*Bachelor of technology or engineering is the minimum academic qualification required for this exam. Candidates with master's degree in science or computer applications etc can also apply for GATE exam.

*You can not apply for GATE exam after 10+2. You need to pursue bachelor's degree in disciplines mentioned above in order to become eligible for GATE exam.
20th March 2016, 07:18 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for GATE examination being a 11th standard student. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Candidates who are pursuing final year of Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or those who have passed B.E/B.Tech course are eligible to apply for GATE examination. So, being a 11th standard student, you are not eligible to apply for GATE examination.
20th March 2016, 09:58 PM
userdefined

It is great to see that you are aiming at a very good career but the level of your position is very low that you first think about the HSC Examination. GATE is the exam conducted for science stream students, you can try for Higher studies or job with the help of the marks obtained.

After completing your 12th std you can write JEE exam and get into some good Engineering college or if you try for science then you can join B.Sc course in required field. During your final year of the course you can write this exam, there is no age limit for writing GATE Exam.

If you strong in basic then it is good else try to concentrate on the subjects from the starting of the semester. Syllabus will be the entire concepts that you studied in the name of your course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?