7th December 2016, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Which exam among CAT and GATE should I write after B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering?

Respected Sir, I have completed B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering and now I wish to continue with my studies so I want to know which exam among CAT and GATE should I write after B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I write GATE exam? I am studying B.Tech 3rd year in Metallurgical and Material Science branch
  2. Am I eligible to write GATE and CAT entrance exam for master degree after completing my B.Tech from deemed university? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. CAT or GATE, which is better? Whether MBA is expensive?
  4. How should I join defence sector after doing B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials engineering?
  5. Options available for B.Tech EEE students? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Can a B.Tech Metallurgical student apply for M.Tech in Mathematics through GATE exam?
  7. Am I eligible to appear in CAT after completing B.Tech? Tips for preparation?
  8. List of colleges for a candidate with 433 All India Rank in GATE(Metallurgical Engineering)?
  9. Can I take admission in direct 2nd year after completing Polytechnic diploma
  10. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  11. What is the career in Metallurgy?
  12. Colleges which give admission in M.Tech to students without GATE score in Metallurgical Engineering? How to take admission in those colleges? Names of those colleges?
  13. What are the government jobs available for Metallurgy engineer?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in CAT if having Backlog in B.Tech?
  15. How to prepare for GATE exam? I am studying 4th year Metallurgical Engg
  16. Which all institutes offer M.Tech in Materials & Metallurgical engineering through distance education mode in Telangana?
  17. GATE Metallurgical Engineering Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. Do girls have any scope in Metallurgical Engineering? Colleges offering Metallugical Engineering? Is it a good course?
9th December 2016, 02:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam among CAT and GATE should I write after B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering?

You are required to appear in GATE Examination undoubtedly to pursue M.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering.

On the other side, CAT (Common Admission Test) is conducted basically for getting admission into MBA Course. So the entrance examination which you choose basically depends upon the course you would like to pursue.

>> If you are interested to continue studies (Master's) in Engineering field, then you will have to go for M.Tech through GATE Entrance Examination

>> If you would like to pursue MBA then you will have to appear in CAT Entrance Examination.
9th December 2016, 10:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam among CAT and GATE should I write after B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering?

You can appear in any of the above mentioned entrance examinations as you are eligible for both of the examination after the completion of B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering.
If you want to do MBA in future, then you must appear in the CAT examination otherwise if you are wiling to do M.Tech, then you must go for GATE examination.
11th December 2016, 09:25 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering and now I wish to continue with my studies so I want to know which exam among CAT and GATE should I write after B.Tech Metallurgical Engineering? Please answer as soon as possible.
You have completed B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering so you are eligible for GATE and CAT entrance exam.

GATE exam is conducted for M.Tech course/ Ph.D course.

CAT exam is conducted for MBA course in reputed University.

So you can choose which is better for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?