21st July 2016, 09:31 AM
Unregistered

What are the best options available to do after completion of Masters in geography?

What are the best options available to do after completion of Masters in geography? Can someone please provide me the information on the same? Just list me down all the possibilities which we can try out after the masters to excel in career life?

Related Questions:
21st July 2016, 12:21 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the best options available to do after completion of Masters in geography?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What are the best options available to do after completion of Masters in geography? Can someone please provide me the information on the same? Just list me down all the possibilities which we can try out after the masters to excel in career life?

There are many options available after Masters in Geography. The student can study M.Phil and or PhD after the master’s course, to pursue his career in teaching line. The student can apply for UPSC Civil Services, to pursue his career in the government agencies like IAS, IFS, IPS etc. You can also apply for various central government jobs through Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The candidate can apply for jobs in nationalized banks for the post of Clerks and Probationary Officer. The candidate can also appear for NET or SET examinations to pursue his career in teaching field. The website links are given below;

UPSC – Website Link
SSC – Website Link
IBPS – Website Link
NET – Website Link
21st July 2016, 03:23 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the best options available to do after completion of Masters in geography?

After completion of the above mentioned course there are various career opportunities you could opt for, I have mentioned some of them below, kindly have a look at it;

You can opt to work in employment areas such as;

> Research Institutions.

> Agriculture Industries.

> Gas Exploration Companies.

> Mining Industries.

> Oil Drilling Companies, etc.

The various profiles you could opt for work are;

> Geographer.

> Climatologist.

> Environment Manager.

> Forest Manager.

> Regional and Urban Planner, etc.

Apart from this you can also appear for various competitive examination conducted by different Central Government organizations. You can appear for UPSC, SSC, IBPS, RRB, etc examination and once you clear the examination with good marks, you will be entitled to avail a job in the prospective government sector.
21st July 2016, 04:51 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The best career option available for you to pursue after completion of Master in Geography is to persue Doctor of philosophy. But to persue PHD you must have valid UGC-NET score.
Otherwise you can go for M Phil in geography on the basis of your interest or you can go for diploma in geography.
21st July 2016, 06:10 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Geography is a multi discipline subject of study. If you have some interest in any specific branch of geography then it is going to be better for you.

There are a number of career options for you such as
* Being a geologist
* Try in Meterology
* Try in Geography as a core
* Try in civil services with Geography as an optional.

The last mentioned option would be the best for you if you have a basic zeal of public service and applying your knowledge in the same.

• The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

The benefits of such a job don't need to be mentioned separately.

Try the options above if you are not at all satisfied with the civil Services.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?