16th February 2017, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

What is the pattern of the GATE and how much rank is needed to get a job at any PSU?

I am a student of 3rd year chemical engineering. I want to get into a PSU using GATE rank. I need some help regarding the pattern of the exam and weightage.

18th February 2017, 03:34 PM
eSolution
Junior Member+

Default Re: What is the pattern of the GATE and how much rank is needed to get a job at any PSU?

Every year GATE or Graduation Aptitude Test of Engineering is conducted by IIT or IISC in the month of February .Candidates who have passed B-Tech or in the final year can appear for the exam. This exam consists of 100 marks in which 12-15 marks will be from general aptitude (English + Aptitude + Reasoning ) and the rest be will from the core subjects of ones discipline. There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.

In order to get a PSU job you must get a GATE rank within 1000.
19th February 2017, 12:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the pattern of the GATE and how much rank is needed to get a job at any PSU?

In GATE examination, there will be 65 questions for 100 marks in total. There will be 10 questions from Aptitude section carrying 15 marks. The question types will be of Multiple choice and Numerical type. The question will be of 1 or 2 marks. If answer is incorrect then, there will be negative marking for 1 mark question of 1/3 marks and for 2 marks question, 2/3 marks will be deducted. You need to score above 50 marks in GATE examination to be eligible to attend any interview and get a job in PSU.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?