24th February 2017, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for software jobs with 59.91 percentage marks in B.Tech?

Am I eligible to apply for software jobs with 59.91 percentage marks in B.Tech? Can you please give me the minimum criteria which is required to be eligible for the job? If am not then what should I do? Do I need to write the improvement exam to be eligible? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
26th February 2017, 06:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for software jobs with 59.91 percentage marks in B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for software jobs with 59.91 percentage marks in B.Tech? Can you please give me the minimum criteria which is required to be eligible for the job? If am not then what should I do? Do I need to write the improvement exam to be eligible? Awaiting for the response.
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for any software companies as freshers.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for Software companies is 60%. Candidates having pending backlog are not eligible for Software companies recruitment. Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for Software companies recruitment.
26th February 2017, 09:03 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for software jobs with 59.91 percentage marks in B.Tech?

Sorry to say, but you will not get the job in software field by scoring 59.91%. The minimum percentage requires to get the job is 65-70% and it also depends on whether the company they will select you or not. The improvement exam is conducted after the final exam of that semester if you want to give the exam and your college or university allows you to sit for the exam, then it will good for you, and it will be a good chance to increase your percentage make sure you will earn a score of 70% and above so that you will not face any problem in future.
27th February 2017, 02:29 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You have completed your B.Tech degree with 59.91% marks and want to know whether you are eligible for software jobs or not.

>>Basically the minimum eligibility criteria for most of the software companies is that student must possess throughout more than 60% marks. You have scored less than 60% marks in graduation degree. So, you are not eligible for software jobs in good IT companies such as Infosys, TCS, IBM etc. No, there is no need to give improvement exam as you are not eligible for it.

>>In my opinion you have to try for government jobs. The main reason is that in government job there is not any percentage criteria. Following are the government jobs in which you can apply:

**IBPS/ SBI PO

**IBPS/ SBI Clerk

**SSC CGL

**IBPS SO

**UPSC Civil Services Exam

**UPSC IES

**Indian Railway JE/SSE post and many more
28th February 2017, 08:56 AM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Usually IT companies put a basic eligibility criteria of 60-65% while coming to recruitment with no standing arrears. So you are not eligible for main stream companies. But if you are in last Semester or so you can apply for improvement exams so that you can score above 60% and acquire good jobs in IT industry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?