24th February 2017, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a job after having conflicting year of experience and studies? How to answer the interview question if asked why?

Hi Sir, I am a student of B.Tech batch, However due backlogs I completed it.
I still managed to get a software job after then as now I am seeking a job change to excel my career, I have a conflicting years of experience in respect the pass out year. What should I answer in case this question arises. Could you please advise me.?

Thanks and Regards,
Shantunu.

28th February 2017, 11:36 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job after having conflicting year of experience and studies? How to answer the interview question if asked why?

There are many cases like you.

The degree should be completed in the due course of time but even if it is not the case, then too there is no problem as long as you got the job.

The next job would not look for the engineering past but they would see how much you learned in the previous job or how was your performance there.

Even if they ask why you had such problems, then you should answer honestly what all were the issues and tell them that after such things, you managed to secure a job and were successful in it.

Be confident and don't get nervous.
2nd March 2017, 09:37 AM
Sam James

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job after having conflicting year of experience and studies? How to answer the interview question if asked why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I am a student of B.Tech batch, However due backlogs I completed it.
I still managed to get a software job after then as now I am seeking a job change to excel my career, I have a conflicting years of experience in respect the pass out year. What should I answer in case this question arises. Could you please advise me.?

Thanks and Regards,
Shantunu.
First and fore most, complete your BTech degree by clearing all backlogs. Earn the certificate from University. Also at the same time you can apply for GATE. The advantage of GATE or other government level competitive exams is that once you pass with higher score and has a good attitude, irrespective of your past academic failures you can get good jobs. So thorough with your basics. Be frank and honest, but at the same time convince the interviewer about your capability.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?