3rd January 2018, 06:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Journalism course? How to become a Journalist?

I have completed B.Com computers course in degree but I want to become a journalist. Am I eligible for journalism course if not, what I do now to become a Journalist.

5th January 2018, 11:01 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Journalism course? How to become a Journalist?

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Journalism course:

In order to become a Journalist, you are required to pursue studies in Journalism related courses. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Journalism courses.

>> For doing Bachelor's Degree in Journalism - Minimum 12th Class is required in 10+2 pattern

>> For doing Post Graduation in Journalism - Minimum Graduation is required

Some of the specializations in Journalism are, Television, Press Law, Sports, Photography, Print Journalism, Communication Management, Radio Journalism, Advertising and Public Relations, Corporate Communication..etc., After successful completion of the Journalism background courses you may apply for Journalist post in various organizations. Some of the institutes offering Journalism courses are,

(@) Delhi University
http://www.du.ac.in/du/

(@) Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
http://www.ftiindia.com/

(@) Symbiosis Institute of Mass Communication, Pune
https://www.simc.edu/

(@) TV Today Media Institute, New Delhi ..etc.,
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/itmi/
5th January 2018, 11:13 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completion of B.Com course you are eligible to get admission in journalism course.

The required qualification to get admission in master in journalism course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The duration of course will be of two year duration. The admission is conducted on the basis of entrance test as well as on the basis of interview and group discussion test.

Cadidates after completion of course will become eligible to apply as journalist in different TV and other media.
5th January 2018, 11:44 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed B.Com computers course in degree but I want to become a journalist. Am I eligible for journalism course if not, what I do now to become a Journalist.

Yes, you are eligible to study journalism course. Candidates after completion of graduation in any discipline are eligible to study the MA Journalism & Mass Communication course. Duration of the course is two years. Some colleges conduct entrance examination for the admission to the MA Journalism & Mass Communication course. Candidates with very good communication skills and creativity can study the MA Journalism & Mass Communication course. Candidates after completion of the course can work in various newspapers, magazines, electronic media, TV and Radio, etc. Candidates are trained during the course to become a journalist. There are various universities/colleges offering the MA Journalism & Mass Communication course.
5th January 2018, 04:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can take admission in any PG diploma course in journalism, if you are interested in entering this field. IIMC conducts entrance exam for admission in the course every year.

Admission will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and seats are allotted through counselling. Any stream graduates can apply for it.
6th January 2018, 12:25 AM
Mouexpert
Member+

You should get admission in Masters in Mass Media Communication after your graduation in order to become a Journalist, you should however get admission in any good and reputed organization in order to raise the chances of getting acquired by top new agencies immediately after completion of your degree(obviously depending upon your capability).

You are very much eligible, so you need not worry about it, just move on ant get admission in the course if you really want to go for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?