20th September 2017, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a software engineer by doing diploma in software applications after 12th class?

I'm doing a diploma course in software applications after my 12th Class. After 10th I never studied math so is it possible to become a software engineer? Can you please suggest me the best ways which I need to follow? Awaiting for the answer.

Thanks...

22nd September 2017, 04:39 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a software engineer by doing diploma in software applications after 12th class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm doing a diploma course in software applications after my 12th Class. After 10th I never studied math so is it possible to become a software engineer? Can you please suggest me the best ways which I need to follow? Awaiting for the answer.

Thanks...

You have to study BE or BTech in Computer Science or Information Technology or MCA to become a software engineer. Therefore, after completion of Diploma in Software Application (3 years) you can pursue BE or BTech in Computer Science to become a software engineer. Many companies prefer engineering graduates or MCA holders as software engineers. Candidates after completion of a three year diploma course can pursue engineering graduation through lateral entry (directly to the second year of the engineering). They have to appear for the lateral entry entrance examination for the admission to BE or BTech in Computer Science. Based on the marks scored in the entrance examination candidates are admitted to the engineering graduation.
22nd September 2017, 06:40 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a software engineer by doing diploma in software applications after 12th class?

No, you cannot become a software Engineer just with Diploma in Software Applications qualification. There is a certain educational qualification required in order to become a Software Engineer.

>> You must have completed B.E/ B.Tech or it's equivalent Minimum Bachelor degree to be eligible.

>> As Diploma in Software Applications course is Diploma based course, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible.

>> In order to be eligible, you must pursue Bachelor Degree after completion of Diploma course.

>> So, I suggest you first complete graduation and then apply for MNC recruitment's in order to become a software Engineer.
22nd September 2017, 07:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can get only starting level jobs at small IT companies based on your diploma in computer applications. With the number B.Tech engineers graduating, it will be difficult to get a job in IT companies on the basis of a diploma.

Hence, it would be better to have a degree level qualification to accept a decent salary and a job at any reputed IT company.
22nd September 2017, 07:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't become a software engineer by doing Diploma in Software Applications after completion of your 12th standard. To become a Software Engineer, you should have to pass Bachelor's degree course in CSE/ IT or any other related stream from a recognised university. Since, you have not passed Bachelor's degree course, I suggest you to pursue Bachelor's degree course, so, that you can apply for a software engineer job.
23rd September 2017, 08:31 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely if you apply for diploma in software application after completing your 12th standard then you can become software engineer but nowadays there is competition so just by doing diploma you cannot get job of software engineering so it is better to complete your graduation and post graduation in the same field.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?