24th December 2016, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

How to join merchant navy in India after 12th science?

I had passed 12th from science in 2016-2017. I want to join merchant navy but my family background is not related any of them. So, please guide me, how to join merchant navy in India.

31st December 2016, 12:32 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join merchant navy in India after 12th science?

You can opt for marine engineering or can also opt for mechanical engineering and then opt for job in shipping companies as a merchant naval officer. Your rank will be dependent upon your result in the examination.

You can in future opt for higher posts by appearing for higher examination with experience.
31st December 2016, 12:14 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I had passed 12th from science in 2016-2017. I want to join merchant navy but my family background is not related any of them. So, please guide me, how to join merchant navy in India.

The candidates can apply for the B.Tech Marine Engineering course through online or offline after 12th science. Those who have passed Class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with at least 60% marks and scored at least 50% marks in English are eligible for the B.Tech in Marine Engineering. They have to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to the course. The candidate’s maximum age limit should be 25 years. They have to be fit physically for sea service under standard norms. The course is available in the following institutions;

Coimbatore Marine College - Official Website

AMET - Official Website

Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training - Official Website
26th June 2017, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

I had passed 12th from science with 67% but i dont know how to go in merchant navy. Please give me guidelines because i m very interested in that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?