7th June 2017, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible clerk job after passing class 12th with PCM?

Sir, I am 12th passed student and I got 60% marks in PCM with computer science and I got 48 marks in English. Please tell me, am I eligible for clerk?

7th June 2017, 09:31 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible clerk job after passing class 12th with PCM?

First thing I would like to let you know that the eligibility criteria for Clerk in various departments varies and hence it is not possible to guess about which department you are concerned. But for your information I would like to let you know that being a Class 12th passed candidate you are eligible for becoming Lower Divisional Clerk in various government offices by qualifying SSC CHSL ( Service Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level ) examination.

Apart from educational qualification for appearing in SSC CHSL examination, you must hold the nationality of India with your age lying within 18 years to 27 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates. For details regarding this examination you can refer to the link www.ssc.nic.in.

With the same educational qualification you are also eligible for becoming soldier clerk in Indian Army by qualifying its Rally followed by Common Entrance Examination. Also this post your age is required to lie within 17 years to 23.5 years. For details regarding the same entry you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.

If you are concerned about your eligibility for Clerk post in banking sector or Indian Railways then I would like to let you that for these posts you must hold bachelor degree from a recognized university.
7th June 2017, 11:24 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

If you are referring to Clerical Cadre jobs in Banking sector, then I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for the recruitment. On the other side, if you are referring to clerical cadre jobs in other organizations, then the basic educational qualification needed varies from organization to organization.

For Banking based clerical jobs, the minimum educational qualification required is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

For almost all the clerical cadre recruitment's the minimum educational qualification is Graduation. So I suggest you to pursue Graduation in order to be eligible and for very less organization's clerical recruitment the minimum educational qualification is 12th Class in 10+2 pattern.
7th June 2017, 11:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I am 12th passed student and I got 60% marks in PCM with computer science and I got 48 marks in English. Please tell me, am I eligible for clerk?
Yes, you are eligible for clerical post because you have completed 12th standard.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board are eligible for clerical post in various sector.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.
8th June 2017, 12:23 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes,definitely after passing your 12th standard with PCM from a recognised board, you are eligible to apply for the post of clerk in banks but for that you have to qualify the exam conducted by respective state government.
But now a days most of the banks have set the minimum qualification to apply for the post of clerk is graduation degree in any discipline.
8th June 2017, 12:28 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their 12th standard in any stream with minimum 60% marks from a recognized board are eligible to apply for clerk's position in banks. So, if your total average score is 60% and more then you are eligible for clerk job. Your age should be in between 20 years to 28 years and age relaxation will be provided s per government norms.
8th June 2017, 12:57 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Minimum qualification to get job of clerk:

Aspirants must have minimum qualification of 10th standard for clerical jobs in post offices, multitasking jobs.

Some banks also recruit candidates for clerical jobs on the basis of 12th standard and also conduct exam for same.

Some banks such as SBI, HDFC,ICIC recruit those candidates for the post of clerk who have completed the graduation.
8th June 2017, 01:17 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for Bank clerk job after the completion of class 12th.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it can apply for the clerk jobs in different banks after qualifying in the relevant entrance examination.
8th June 2017, 11:19 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for clerk job after passing class 12th with PCM stream with 60% aggregate marks from a recognised board. To be eligible to apply for clerk job, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course or an equivalent examination from a recognised university. So, being a 12th passed student, you are not eligible to apply for clerk job.
8th June 2017, 01:23 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Its good to see your interest towards banking job.
In India there are mainly two types of Bank Clerk Exam is conducted, by SBI (State Bank of India) and IBPS (Institute of Banking Personal Selection).
You are not eligible for IBPS exam as the minimum qualification required to appear IBPS examination is Bachelor's degree.
However you can apply for SBI bank examination for the post of banks clerk by satisfying following eligibility criteria:
>You must have completed you 12th standard in any stream with 60% marks from a recognized board.
>Your age should be within 18-28 years.
>You must be an Indian.
8th June 2017, 01:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Sorry, you are not eligible for a clerk job in most of the organizations with 12th qualification. 12th qualified candidates are recruited as assistants in many organizations. Minimum qualifications required for clerk is graduation. Therefore, you have to study, graduation in any discipline to become a clerk in banks or in any private organizations. It is always better to study, graduation to get a job with a decent salary. You can study any graduation like BA or B.Sc etc. With 12th qualification you can apply for various jobs like Police Constable, Border Security Force, NDA, Data Entry Operator etc.
8th June 2017, 02:00 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To be eligible to write the clerk exam the candidate need to complete his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then only the candidate can write the clerk exam. The age of the candidate should be in between 21 to 30 years. The candidate should be the citizen of India.
8th June 2017, 04:58 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that you are not eligible for the post of clerk after passing Intermediate. You will be eligible for this post after completing graduation. As because the rules are changed and according to new rules and guidelines minimum qualification to apply for any of the post you need a bachelor degree.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-

Candidate must be a holder of graduation degree in any of the stream and from a recognized university.

Candidate must have attained at least 50% marks in graduation.

Candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years.
For clerk it is 28 years maximum.
For PO it is 30 years maximum.
8th June 2017, 06:45 PM
mrghost
Member+

Yes, definitely you are eligible for the clerk jobs after passing 12th with PCM.

List of clerical jobs and exams after 12th with PCM:-

> SSC (staff selection commission)

> Bank jobs through IBPS

> Railway jobs through RRB exams and SCRA exam

> Army clerical exam

> Clerical jobs in school

> SBI clerk exam

> PWD

> Employment exchange
9th June 2017, 10:08 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible for SSC LDC examination as you passed 12th standard. Stream doesn't matters here the only thing which is required is to have 12th passing certificate.

After 12th you can also apply for clerical post in private sector too. There you need to pass a interview and after that you will get job.

But here I recommend you not to go for a job as at this qualification. you will never grow up your career. Thus you need some higher qualification like degree or diploma. After that you will easily get good job.
9th June 2017, 10:51 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you are talking about bank clerk job, then you are not eligible for it. You need a degree in any discipline to become eligible for it.

On the basis of class 12th, you can apply for exams like SSC CHSL and SSC stenographer exam. Selection will be on the basis of written exam and skill test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?