10th June 2016, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do CPT from arts stream if there is no commerce stream available in school?

Sir/Mam,

Can I do CPT exam from arts stream because there is no commerce stream in my school? Will there be any issues later? Am I eligible to do it? Can you please provide me the details on the same? Hope that I will get the answer soon.

Related Questions:
10th June 2016, 06:40 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do CPT from arts stream if there is no commerce stream available in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Can I do CPT exam from arts stream because there is no commerce stream in my school? Will there be any issues later? Am I eligible to do it? Can you please provide me the details on the same? Hope that I will get the answer soon.

For CA CPT the eligibility is a pass in 12th Class.
So you can study arts group and join the CPT. CA course is conducted by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. After completing the CPT, you have to join CA IPCC and after clearing the IPCC you can join Final Course. The qualification required to join the CPT is 12th Class only. You can find the details in the website, Official Website
10th June 2016, 08:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do CPT from arts stream if there is no commerce stream available in school?

CPT is available for any stream students and even arts stream candidates are eligible for it. Commerce is not compulsory for it.

In fact, registration for CA CPT is available straight after class 10th and after 12th in any stream candidates are required to appear. Hence, don't worry and be prepared according to syllabus.
10th June 2016, 10:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

CPT is an entrance examination for getting admission in CA course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised university are eligible to appear in CPT examination. Candidates who have passed Graduation in Commerce stream with minimum aggregate of 55% marks or in Non-Commerce stream with minimum aggregate of 60% marks from a recognised university are exempted from appearing in CPT examination and can directly register for IPCC level of CA course. Since, you have completed your 12th standard with Arts stream, you are eligible to appear in CPT examination to get admission in CA course.
11th June 2016, 04:48 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is nothing to worry about, you can very much appear for CPT examination after having completed your 10+2 level of examination from a recognized board as it is the minimum eligibility requirement in order to opt for the examination.
12th June 2016, 06:20 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

ICAI operated the CA Course in India.
Minimum qualification to entering in to the CA Course is 12th with any stream from recognized board.
So, if you have 12th then you can happily apply for CA CPT which is a entry level of the CA course, otherwise if you have graduation then you can directly eligible for CA IPCC with the Skip of CA CPT
After the Completion of CA CPT you can eligible for CA IPCC level.
After the CA IPCC you can eligible for CA Final
14th June 2016, 04:57 PM
Expert king

CPT is the entrance exam for CA Course.
If you want to apply for this exam you need to complete your 12th standard with any stream.
So, there is no problem to you to apply for CA CPT as a Arts student.
After the completion of CPT you can eligible for CA IPCC course.
Graduates are eligible for CA IPCC directly.
After the completion of CA IPCC you can eligible for CA Final level.
14th June 2016, 08:54 PM
onemdindus

C.A. stands for Chattered Accountant.

There are three levels in C.A . They are

>>CPT
>>IPCC
>>Final

To apply for CPT, you must have done 12th class from any recognized institution from india.

To apply for IPCC, you must have passed CPT or must have done bachelors from commerce stream.

To apply for Final exam, you must have done IPCC examination successfully.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?