11th June 2017, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Are board marks considered for medical admissions or not?

Is 12th board marks considered for medical admissions or only the GCET and now of course NEET and plus what exact marks required for sure seat at MBBS?

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff marks for last years medical admissions?
  2. What is the procedure for getting admission to 1st year MBBS?
  3. How many seats are reserved for CBSE students in MBBS college in Gujarat?
  4. Will I be considered as pass student if get 22 marks out of 70 marks in Physics paper of Jammu & Kashmir board?
  5. How to get admission in Gujarat MBBS college? I have scored 3347 rank in Gujarat state
  6. How much minimum is required in GUJCET to apply for admission?
  7. How much percentage should a person get in 10th and inter exam?
  8. Will medical entrance by MCI be applicable for this year's MBBS admissions? How to prepare for this exam?
  9. How many semester does I have to clear in Physics to apply for AIPMT being a NRI student?
  10. MAT 2010 feb & may scores will be considered for 2010 MBA admissions or not? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. What should I do for admission in Aakash? What type of test is conducted for admission?
  12. How much CGPa is required to get admission in a good school of Chandigarh after 10th?
  13. Whether the marks obtained by the student in the exam of higher secondary conducted by the school will be considered or the marks obtained by the student in the last board exam?
  14. What is the eligibility to get admitted in MBBS after completion of Inter? I have scored 14.09
  15. Required percentage in 10+2 to qualify for IIT Entrance Test?
  16. Can I change my board from CBSE to state board to score marks for getting a medical seat in future?
  17. What is the eligibility criteria followed for taking up different course in college?
  18. How to take admission for M.Com? What is the percentage required for B.Com?
11th June 2017, 09:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are board marks considered for medical admissions or not?

First thing I would like to let you know that admission in MBBS degree course in any medical college across India other than AIIMS ( for which a separate examination known as AIIMS MBBS entrance examination is held ) is done on the basis of NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ).

Now as far as you are concerned about the need of Class 12th marks for admission in MBBS degree course then I would like to let you know that the marks in Class 12th only matters for one's eligibility for appearing in entrance examination like NEET and AIIMS MBBS entrance examination and it has nothing to do with the marks secured in these entrance examination.

For your information I would like to let you know that to be eligible for appearing in NEET you must have completed your Class 12th academics with PCB group with at least 50% marks from a recognized board where as for appearing in AIIMS MBBS entrance examination your aggregate must be at least 60% in PCB. In both the cases marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

For more details about NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in where as for details regarding AIIMS MBBS entrance examination you can visit the link www.aiimsexams.org.
12th June 2017, 02:26 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

No, for the above said entrance examination, no weightage will be given to class 12 marks.
However for the eligibility, you must have passed your 12th standard with at least 50% marks with Physics, Biology and Chemistry as your main subjects from a recognized board.
Cutoff marks never remain same, it keeps on changing every years depending upon various factors.
However, in NEET the qualifying marks is approx 120 marks and to get a seat in government medical college, a candidate have to score approx 530 marks.
12th June 2017, 11:32 AM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you want to opt Medical line then it is compulsory to pass Intermediate with at least 60% aggregate as well as must have to qualify NEET entrance examination. To pass intermediate with 60% is first criteria and if failed to score this much then you will not be eligible for admission in any good college.
12th June 2017, 11:58 AM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Your 10+2 marks will be considered because to be eligible to write the NEET exam, the candidate must have scored a minimum of 50% in his/her 10+2 from a recognized board of education and to pursue the MBBS course the candidate must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in his/her 10+2. Scoring the highest or good marks in NEET will help you to get the best colleges in India.
12th June 2017, 02:03 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is 12th board marks considered for medical admissions or only the GCET and now of course NEET and plus what exact marks required for sure seat at MBBS?

No, board marks are not considered for medical admission. Only marks scored in the NEET is considered for medical admission in India. Those students who have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology and English subjects with at least 50% marks are eligible for NEET. 12th board marks are considered for NEET examination only and not for medical admission. Medical admission is done on the basis of marks scored in the NEET. Students have to prepare well and score good marks in NEET in order to get admission in medical colleges.
12th June 2017, 04:36 PM
ranu shahi

Yes, board marks are considered in medical admission. Minimum 50% aggregate is required in +2 with PCB stream in MBBS. And you must have to score rank under 10000 to become MBBS.
12th June 2017, 08:05 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, 12th marks are not of much importance to get admission in medical ( MBBS ) course.

But, it is necessary that candidate must have scored at least 50% in PCB in 12th to appear for NEET examination.

Candidates will be eligible to get admission in MBBS course only after qualifying in NEET or AIIMS MBBS examination ( minimum 60% ).

For NEET examination detail visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in. or www.aiimsexam.org.
12th June 2017, 08:06 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you need to score minimum 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in your 12th board examination to appear for NEET examination.

But, admission in various institutes will be conducted only on the basis of your rank in NEET examination.

So, the board marks are considered only to appear for examination. To get more detail about NEET examination visit at official website www.cbseneet.nic.in.
14th June 2017, 08:36 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Wink Re: Are board marks considered for medical admissions or not?

No your 12th marks are irreverent for post graduate admission.Even MBBS marks are taken.There used to be a time when pg admissions were based on marks but it was replaced by an entrance exam after a Supreme Court ruling.
15th June 2017, 12:46 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Lightbulb Re: Are board marks considered for medical admissions or not?

If you have to go in medical line board mark is necessary to get admissions in medical college.you can apply for entrance exams but in the board marks you have to score above 55%.The marks in the entrance exams changes year by year due to various factor.The important thing is the subject you have chosen in 12th board.
25th August 2019, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

What if I have grace mark in physics in 10 2 exam
17th November 2019, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Now I am in 10th standard . I want to join MBBS and I know Neet is the entrance exam for that.
Now What is the right option for studying 11 & 12th . Can I study through state board or CBSE board . can some one explain
22nd December 2019, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

But for aspirant who are studying 12th thus they get marks only in April
13th January 2020, 11:22 AM
shanelowney
Junior Member+

Yes, board marks are considered during the medical degree admission. If you want to join a medical university without giving any entrance exam then visit All Saints University SVG.
7th June 2020, 08:34 AM
Unregistered

Are 2, attempted students can get medical admissions or not?
15th August 2020, 04:10 AM
Unregistered

I got 40% in PCB and 550 in neet will I get admission in Mumbai medical college for MBBS
8th September 2020, 02:30 AM
Unregistered

Physics marks is 48 in class 12th I am qualif in neet for SC category
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?