12th April 2016, 02:22 AM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in NIOS Board being a 10th passed 20 years old candidate?

Hello Sir/Madam,
My name is Bhabesh Sardar and I have passed 10th Board exam from WBBSE. I am 20 years old so can I get admission in NIOS Board? Kindly help me to know about this.

13th April 2016, 09:34 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIOS Board being a 10th passed 20 years old candidate?

Yes, you can easily avail admission for class 12.

The minimum eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have passed class 10 examination from a recognized board of education.

There is no upper age limit to avail admission in NIOS. However, the minimum criteria to apply for senior secondary course is that the candidate must have completed 14 years of age.
14th April 2016, 12:01 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in NIOS Board being a 10th passed 20 years old candidate?

Yes, you can get admission in National Institute of Open Schooling being a 10th passed 20 years old candidate. You can do your higher studies from NIOS Board and you can appear in examinations. As NIOS is a recognized board, after completion of your studies from NISO Board, you can study or you can do a jo based on your interest.
14th April 2016, 07:48 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, you can definitely get admission in National Institute of Open Schooling for 10+2 studies. There is no upper age for studying 10+2. NIOS is recognized by Central Government of India and Ministry of HRD.

You can take admission in any stream. For some streams, admission is open round the year and for some streams last date is 31st July, 2016. For more details regarding admission procedure, Click Here .
14th April 2016, 11:26 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in NIOS board at the age of 20 years.

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board the eligibility to get admission in the board is candidate must have passed 10th from any recognised board.

So, to get more information about the admission procedure details visit at the official website www.nos.org.
14th April 2016, 12:19 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Yes you can sit in 12th NIOS board exams. Just fill up the forms online or offline as per your wish. Visit any cyber cafe and tell him to fill up your form for NIOS board.
**Admit card will send to the address you mentioned in the form.
**No need to go school regularly
**NIOS start is recognized board via government of India
One more thing for your kind information age doesn’t matters in NIOS board.
14th April 2016, 07:43 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much get admission in NIOS board having passed 10th standard 20 years ago as there is no upper age limit for education in NIOS board. Therefore, you are very much eligible to get admission in NIOS board.
15th April 2016, 11:40 PM
Quantum reply

NIOS is National Institute of Open Schooling. You can easily get admission in NIOS board. In NIOS there is no need to attend the regular classes because it is an open schooling board.
NIOS is highly recognized and valuable board of India. Its certificate is highly valuable and applicable in all over the India.

For admission you need to submit marks sheet of class 10th. Transfer certificate .
16th April 2016, 04:47 PM
IQ14

Yes definitely you can take admission in NIOS board. NIOS is an open schooling board so, there is no need to attend proper classes.

There is no any upper age limit defined by NIOS for class 12th exam. A candidate must have minimum age of 16 years to give the exam of class 12th.

NIOS is undertaken by the union government of India. NIOS is highly recognized board of India. Its certificate is valid and valuable.
20th April 2016, 03:34 PM
harsh590
Junior Member+

Hello,

The Minimum age limit for applying in NIOS is 16 years for appearing in 12th examination.

And hence, Yes, you're totally eligible for NIOS you are eligible for the NIOS 12th exam. Since NIOS itself is made for candidates who want to pursue their studies through distance education.

And so, there is no such age limit for the candidates, therefore anyone can apply at any age for 12th through NIOS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?