8th March 2016, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army with actual age having incorrect age mentioned in school documents?

Hello,
My age is more in my school documents. My real age is 18 but in my documents, it is 21 because. I have read that after the 12th whose age is between in 16 to 19 years they can only join the Indian Army. Can I also join Indian Army?

9th March 2016, 11:37 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army with actual age having incorrect age mentioned in school documents?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
My age is more in my school documents. My real age is 18 but in my documents, it is 21 because. I have read that after the 12th whose age is between in 16 to 19 years they can only join the Indian Army. Can I also join Indian Army?
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for Indian Army through NDA exam. But you can apply GD post in Indian Army.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from a recognized board are eligible for Indian Army GD post.

Your age should be in between 18 to 24 years.
9th March 2016, 05:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army with actual age having incorrect age mentioned in school documents?

If you are looking for NDA exam then age should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years. The problem is these exams will consider the age according to your documents. Therefore, if it is mentioned 21 then you can't do much now.

Also, what was the reason to mention your date of birth like that during your school? If it was done due to mistake then your should have corrected it by contacting the school.
9th March 2016, 07:08 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot join Indian Army with the age dispute you mentioned. Only your document carries the proof of your age and not any verbal statement, so if in your document it shows that you are 21 years of age, then I am sorry to say that you cannot opt to join Indian Army.
9th March 2016, 07:11 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

No, you cannot join Indian Army as your document shows a different age on that basis you not allowed to join Indian Army. You can be caught and will be probably tried in military court for being accused of false documentation, therefore it is better if you do not mix things.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?