26th July 2015, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join Indian Navy for Bengali Medium 10th WBBSE student?

Dear Sir,
I have passed 10th Madhyamik WBBSE Board exam with Bengali Medium. I want to join Indian Navy now. If, I would like to join in Indian Navy what will be my eligibility?

27th July 2015, 06:45 PM
pointer01

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Navy for Bengali Medium 10th WBBSE student?

For joining Indian Navy you must qualify the entrance exam conducted for this. You should apply for NDA. NDA stands for National Defense Army. NDA conducts the entrance exam for those students who want to join Indian Navy. NDA has three wings- Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force. You can apply for NDA exam if you will satisfy the eligibility criteria of NDA given below-

Eligibility Criteria for Joining NDA-

>You must be an Indian Citizen.
>Your age must not be less than 16.5 years and must not be more than 19 years.
>You must have 12th passed from a recognized board.
27th July 2015, 09:21 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to join Indian Navy for Bengali Medium 10th WBBSE student?

After completion of your class 10th standard, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy at this stage. The minimum educational qualification required to join in Indian Navy is that you should complete your class 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board. To join in Indian Navy, you need to appear NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year.
Eligibility criteria required for NDA examination is mentioned below:-
You must be a citizen of India.
You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognized board.
You must be in between 16.5 to 19 years old.
You must be an unmarried male candidate.
You must be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
27th July 2015, 09:34 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the Indian Navy but you have to wait for the another two years. The candidate need to qualify in the NDA examination to qualify in the Indian Navy.

The NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC twice every year in the month of April and September as the NDA I and the NDA II. The eligibility to appear in the examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
* Candidate must have the Physics, Chemistry and the Mathematics as the main subject in the board examination.
* Candidate age must be between 16.5-19 years.
* Only male unmarried candidates are eligible.

So, you need to wait for the another two years upto the 10+2 to appear in the examination.

The examination is conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB. The candidate need to qualify in both the examination for the final selection in the Indian Navy.

The written examination contains the question of the Mathematics and the General Ability. So you have to work hard on these to qualify in the examination. Only written qualified candidates are eligible for the SSB.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
28th July 2015, 12:28 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join the Indian Navy after pursuing in the 10th examination. The candidate need to appear in the NDA examination to join any wing of the defence services.

The eligibility to appear for the NDA examination is :-
>> Candidate must have passed the 10+2 from the recognised board.
>> Candidate must have the age between 16.5-19.5 years.
>> Only male candidates are eligible.
>> For the Navy or the Air Force Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics in the 10+2 is compulsory.

So you have to wait till the completion of the 10+2 board examination but you can apply for the examination in the month of the January for which the examination will be conducted in the month of April.

The examination contains the question of the Mathematics and the General Ability of 300 and 600 marks respectively.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in
28th July 2015, 12:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have passed 10th Madhyamik WBBSE Board exam with Bengali Medium. I want to join Indian Navy now. If, I would like to join in Indian Navy what will be my eligibility?
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for Indian Navy exam which is conducted by UGC through NDA exam.

If you have completed 12th standard with PCM from a recognized university then you are eligible for Indian Na

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?