1st March 2016, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

How can I appear in UPSC exams to become an IPS Officer being a 12th WBCHSE student?

Hi,
I am Vikash Kumar. I am a student of class 12th from WBCHSE. I want to be an IPS Officer. I need help that how can I face these all. How can I appear in the UPSC examination for this. Please help me.

3rd March 2016, 02:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I appear in UPSC exams to become an IPS Officer being a 12th WBCHSE student?

As you are presently pursuing 12th Class from WBCHSE board, you are not eligible to appear in UPSC Civil Services Examination with this qualification. In order to join "Indian Police Services", the minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "Bachelor's Degree" or a Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As the minimum qualification required is Graduate Degree, you are not eligible now with this 12th Class qualification. For this reason, I strongly suggest you to first complete the Graduation in which stream you are very much interested. The minimum duration it takes to complete Graduation is 3 years, so I suggest you to first concentrate on Graduation studies then you can apply for the Civil Services Recruitment after 3 or 4 years. You need to appear in Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT) after Graduation and based on the marks and rank you secure you will be allocated to the concerned services such as Indian Administrative Services and Indian Police Services. For more details go through this link.

Click here for Civil Services Exam Details
3rd March 2016, 06:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I appear in UPSC exams to become an IPS Officer being a 12th WBCHSE student?

First of all you need to have degree to become eligible for UPSC civil services exam. Class 12th is not the required qualification for appearing in this exam. You can complete degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and interview conducted by UPSC. You need to prepare specifically according to the syllabus of UPSC civil services exam.
3rd March 2016, 08:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in UPSC examination to become an IPS officer, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, you are pursuing 12th standard right now, I suggest you to opt for any Bachelor's degree course after completion of your 12th standard, so, that you are eligible to appear in UPSC IPS examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

By satisfying the required eligibility criteria, you can apply for IPS examination by visiting UPSC official website http://upsconline.nic.in/.
3rd March 2016, 09:36 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

You can appear for UPSC examination in order to become an IAS officer, but not after the completion of your 12thboards, the minimum educational requirement in order to become an IAS officer is that a candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized University and should have scored a minimum of 55% in aggregate, therefore, you need to first of all complete your graduation and then opt for the examination.
3rd March 2016, 09:37 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to become an IPS officer, the minimum educational requirement is that a candidate should have attained a minimum educational qualification of graduation from any recognized University, and then he/she should opt for UPSC examination, therefore, I advice you to first of all complete your graduation from a recognized University and the opt for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?