19th July 2018, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

ISC or Gujarat Board, which is better for 11th Science aspirant?

Hello friends, my son is studying in 10th standard from Gujarat Board. I don’t want to continue his schooling with Gujarat Board. Instead, I am thinking to admit him in a ISC school. So, I would like to know that which Board is better for 11th Science admission?

21st July 2018, 07:23 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: ISC or Gujarat Board, which is better for 11th Science aspirant?

ISC board is much better and tougher in comparison to any state board so it would be better for you to pursue your education through ISC board if you want to have knowledge. Whereas State Board has so many benefits as because the syllabus is much easier in comparison to ISC board and you can score good marks in State Board.
21st July 2018, 11:55 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

The syllabus followed by ICSE schools different vastly from that followed in state board schools mainly in terms of content and volume.
The syllabus followed by the ICSE board is more comprehensive and complete, encompassing all fields with equal importance. Due to the emphasis laid on English in ICSE, students from this board may hold a slight edge over under other students in exams like TOEFL.
Students may find the syllabus to be too difficult for their liking, as an average student practicing under and ICSE board will face 13 subjects examinations during 6th grade, when compared to 6 subjects faced by the students counterpart in state board schools.

The state board syllabus is easy when compared to that of other words, mainly due to fewer subjects and a more compact structure.
22nd July 2018, 11:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You are thinking in the right direction as compared to Gujarat State Board of Education, ISC would be better for you son. Most of parents think that this board is not good some other is good.

But you must know that your son has studied in Gujarat board till tenth, changing board can create problem as he will have adjust to new pattern and board in quick time otherwise he will lag in studies. It would be better if you allow him to continue with same board.
23rd July 2018, 11:40 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Let me inform you that there is nothing such as better board between Gujarat Board and ISC Board, it all depends upon personal preference. Gujarat board is state board as name suggested and ISC board is a central board. However, I would suggest you to not change his board as he have been studying in Gujarat board from very beginning, so changing his board may cause difficulties in understanding new board patterns.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?