7th July 2017, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a mechanical engineering after 10th

Sir, what things I have to do after completion of my 10th to become mechanical engineer? Should I do any short term courses and if yes, then which short term courses can I do which would be beneficial for me? Can you please tell the full path right from 11th till degree of mechanical engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Admission procedure to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for a candidate who has secured 45% in 10th?
  2. Procedure to apply for mechanical engineering jobs in Railways after completion of 10th standard? -- [New]
  3. What is the procedure to take admission in IIT college?
  4. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Procedure to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  6. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  7. Procedure to join Indian Air Force after completion of B.E in Mechanical Engineering?
  8. How to take admission in DME? What is the fees?
  9. Procedure for joining army after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. What is the procedure to follow for joining diploma in mechanical engineering after completion of 10th CBSE?
  11. Colleges offering Diploma Mechanical in Southern India? Admission procedure and eligibility criteria?
  12. What are the procedure to join marine engineering after mechanical engineering
  13. What is the procedure followed to become mechanical engineer after finishing 10th?
  14. Procedure to study B.Tech in US for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year student?
  15. How to join diploma in mechanical engineering after 10th in maharashtra?
  16. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a 10th student? List of colleges in Mumbai?
  17. Can I get admission for Diploima in Mechanical Engineering having secured 64.60% in 10th?
  18. What should I do to get admission for doing diploma in mechanical engineering after completion of 10th in CBSE board?
7th July 2017, 08:53 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to become a mechanical engineering after 10th

If you want to pursue mechanical engineering course after 10th then you have to apply for diploma in Mechanical Engineering. If you want to pursue it through a government college then you have to appear in the Polytechnic Entrance Test.
This exam can be given after 10th.
The duration of this course is 3 years.
7th July 2017, 09:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To become a Mechanical Engineer, you need to pursue Higher Secondary course with PCM stream after completion of your 10th standard from a recognised board. After completion of your 12th standard, you have to pursue your Bachelor's degree course in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised university. Once, you complete your Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering course from a recognised university with good subject knowledge, you can get good job as a Mechanical Engineer.
7th July 2017, 11:33 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have to opt for PCM stream in class 11th or go for diploma in mechanical engineering through polytechnic entrance exam. Diploma will help you get professional qualification, which will make you eligible for various jobs on the same industry.

On the basis of class 12th PCM, you can apply for engineering entrance exams like JEE for admission in B.Tech in mechanical engineering degree.
8th July 2017, 11:52 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a mechanical engineer at first you have to complete 12th standard with PCM subjects from a recognized board. With this eligibility you have to appear for engineering entrance examinations like JEE/WBJEE/BIT SAT etc. in order to get admission for B.Tech/B.E mechanical engineering. You can also go for diploma in mechanical engineering after 10th. When you complete your diploma you can get admission directly in the 2nd year of mechanical engineering through lateral entry scheme.
8th July 2017, 04:15 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, what things I have to do after completion of my 10th to become mechanical engineer? Should I do any short term courses and if yes, then which short term courses can I do which would be beneficial for me? Can you please tell the full path right from 11th till degree of mechanical engineering?

To become a mechanical engineer, candidates has to study BE or BTech in Mechanical Engineering course. To pursue BE or BTech Mechanical Engineering, candidates have to study 11th and 12th with PCM subjects. After completion of class 12th, they have to apply for joining the BE or BTech course in Mechanical Engineering. Admission is done on the basis of an entrance examination. Based on it a merit list will be prepared and candidates are admitted through counseling. Therefore, after the 10th one should start from 10+2 and then BE or BTech to become a mechanical engineer.
8th July 2017, 07:14 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

There isn't any short term courses available to become a mechanical engineer.
You can either go for polytechnic mechanical engineering right after the completion of your 10th standard by applying for entrance test for polytechnic, or you can pursue your senior secondary level with science stream with physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects and after completion of your senior secondary examination you can go for B.Tech/B.E in mechanical engineering by apply entrance examination.
You can take coaching classes to prepare yourself for various engineering entrance examination while pursuing your senior secondary educations.
8th July 2017, 07:46 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become a Mechanical Engineering after 10th:-

You have to choose Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in your 11th and 12th standard with other subjects to become a mechanical engineer.

You should score very good marks in 12th standard, to get a seat in engineering colleges. You can choose the subject during counseling after your 12th examination.

The admission to the engineering colleges are done through the counseling for all the colleges in the state. Your 12th marks will be considered for the engineering admission.
8th July 2017, 08:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

You need to pursue your 11th and 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course from a Government recognised board/ institution after completion of your 10th standard from a Government recognised board. After completion of your 12th standard, you can take admission in first year of the Mechanical Engineering course or if you have pursued Diploma course then, you can take direct admission in second year of four years Mechanical Engineering course.
8th July 2017, 11:59 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

To be a mechanical engineer first you have to complete your intermediate in PCM group. After completion of intermediate you can give IIT JEE which is an entrance exam to get admission in B.Tech. You have to qualify this exam with good marks. Only after that you will get admission in a good institution.

Second option is you can do diploma in mechanical engineering after completion of 10th. To get admission in this course you have to give an entrance exam which is conducted by your respective institution. After completion of diploma with minimum of 60% marks you can get admission in directly second year of engineering through LEET exam.

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?