2nd June 2016, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Should I opt for Polytechnic course after completion of 10th boards having scored 80% marks in 9th grade?

I have scored 80% in my 9th class. I want to know that should I opt for Polytechnic course after completion of my 10th boards. Can I get admission in B.Sc(Agriculture) after completion of Diploma in Agriculture?

2nd June 2016, 07:19 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Polytechnic course after completion of 10th boards having scored 80% marks in 9th grade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 80% in my 9th class. I want to know that should I opt for Polytechnic course after completion of my 10th boards. Can I get admission in B.Sc(Agriculture) after completion of Diploma in Agriculture?

Yes, you can study Diploma course after completion of 10th standard.
The eligibility to study the Diploma course is a pass in 10th standard. There are many engineering diploma courses available in the polytechnic colleges. You can choose any one of them. The duration of the course is 3 years.
You can choose B.Tech course through lateral entry after the diploma qualification. You will be admitted directly to the 2nd year of the B.Tech course. you can also go for a job after diploma course.
2nd June 2016, 08:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I opt for Polytechnic course after completion of 10th boards having scored 80% marks in 9th grade?

If your aim is B.Sc Agriculture then you should opt for admission in class 11th with PCM stream. There is no need to go for diploma in agriculture if you don't want to do job at an early age.

Diploma is a good option only for those who want to get a job in same industry at an early age.
2nd June 2016, 11:46 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can join polytechnic diploma course after completion of your 10th standard but personally I would like to suggest you to complete your 12th in non medical stream from a recognised board and then join Bsc Agriculture degree course. It would save your time. You will have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the University.
3rd June 2016, 02:19 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will get admission to B.Sc (agriculture) after completion of Diploma in agriculture.

The minimum academic criteria required to pursue Diploma in agriculture is that the candidate must have passed class 10 examination from a recognized board of education. Also the candidate must have to be appeared for an entrance examination to avail admission in polytechnic courses.

After completion of Diploma course one has to appear for Lateral entry examination to pursue graduation course.

One can also pursue B.Sc (agriculture) after completion of class 12 examination. It is advisable to pursue Class 12 instead of opting for Diploma course. Because, if the candidate has pursue Diploma in agriculture then one has to pursue graduation only in the same stream. If the candidate doesn't secured seat in counselling process then he/ she must have to buy seat through management quota. But if the candidate has pursue class 12, then he/ she may has several opportunities even if one doesn't secured seat.
3rd June 2016, 03:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

First of all you cannot get admission in B.Sc(Agriculture) on the basis of Diploma in Agriculture.

If you wish to get admission in B.Sc(Agriculture) then you might have to clear your 12th board examination from a reputed board.

However, I would suggest you to complete your 12th class if you wish to get admission in B.Sc(Agriculture) course in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?