7th September 2017, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Which syllabus should I choose being a medical aspirant?

I completed my 10th standard in a CBSE school and secured full A1. Now I'm confused that would I go for CBSE or state syllabus for my higher studies as I am a medical aspirant.

7th September 2017, 03:16 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which syllabus should I choose being a medical aspirant?

Since you are interested in medical field, so it would be better for you to take Science steam (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) in your higher secondary education level.
I would advise you to stick with CBSE board as many medical entrance examinations follow the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) syllabus.
7th September 2017, 04:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my 10th standard in a CBSE school and secured full A1. Now I'm confused that would I go for CBSE or state syllabus for my higher studies as I am a medical aspirant.

Students after completion of 10th can pursue 10+2 in CBSE Board itself. NEET syllabus is based on CBSE examination only. Therefore, you can study science stream in CBSE Board to study medicine in the future. CBSE is only conducting the NEET examination. The CBSE curriculum uses NCERT preferred books, the same books can be used for the preparation of NEET. Students can choose Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects in 10+2 in CBSE Board to pursue medicine in the future. For AIIMS entrance also has most of the questions asked from NCERT.
7th September 2017, 04:49 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

The main difference between the two Boards is that, the CBSE Board is considered much better than the State Boards. Students of the CBSE have an advantage over the State because of the syllabus of the CBSE will be the same all over the nation. In case any students want to transfer from one state to another, the transition will be easier for them. This would not be similar in case of the State syllabus students. It would be difficult for some to adjust to the syllabus of another Government school.
So, according to my opinion, CBSE Board is regarded better than the State Boards.
7th September 2017, 04:51 PM
Thexpert
Banned

Since, You have completed your 10th standard from CBSE Board, It will be better for you to pursue your 11th and 12th standard from the same board. The syllabus of CBSE and state Board are almost same but CBSE board is full of creativity and in CBSE Board you can imp
7th September 2017, 09:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For admission in MBBS these days, class 12th marks are also important and you can choose any board. Just make sure that you have scored good marks in board exams.

Along with class 12th marks, you need to prepare according to the syllabus of entrance exam, which will have questions related to physics, chemistry and biology. Hence, you need to prepare according to syllabus of entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?