10th June 2016, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria followed for getting admission in CBSE board in general?

Sir/Mam,

What is the age criteria followed for getting admission in CBSE board in general? Can you please provide me the official information in which it's the same followed in all the CBSE schools? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon. Thanks!

10th June 2016, 05:28 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed for getting admission in CBSE board in general?

Age criteria for get admission in CBSE board in general:-

As per CBSE norms and in general also, a child who is 3 and half years old is eligible to join in LKG.
10th June 2016, 05:52 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed for getting admission in CBSE board in general?

Age Criteria Required to get admission CBSE based board Schools:

Age Criteria is one of the criteria's that is considered to get admission into CBSE based board Schools. Here is the age criteria required to get admission in CBSE based schools. Remember, Minimum Age and Maximum age are considered as on 31st March of the year in which the admission is sought.

For 1st Class - Minimum 5 years and Maximum 7 years
For 2nd Class - Minimum 6 years and Maximum 8 years
For 3rd Class - Minimum 7 years and Maximum 9 years
For 4th Class - Minimum 8 years and Maximum 10 years
For 5th Class - Minimum 9 years and Maximum 11 years
For 6th Class - Minimum 10 years and Maximum 12 years
For 7th Class - Minimum 11 years and Maximum 13 years
For 8th Class - Minimum 12 years and Maximum 14 years
For 9th Class - Minimum 13 years and Maximum 15 years
For 10th Class - Minimum 14 years and Maximum 16 years
10th June 2016, 08:40 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Normally, schools affiliated to CBSE have to follow the rules related to age. For admission in 1st class minimum age required is 5 years and it is followed by all the CBSE schools.

For more information visit this link http://www.cbse.nic.in/examin~1/admissionmt.htm
10th June 2016, 09:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required for a child to get admission in LKG in CBSE school is 3 years 6 months as on 31st March of the year of admission.

The minimum age required is 15 years to be eligible to appear in CBSE 10th standard board examinations.
11th June 2016, 05:00 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

It depends upon the class you wish to get admission in. However in general your a candidate should have attained at least the age of 3.5 years in order to be eligible for admission in basic level classes, i.e. Nursery.

If getting admission in the middle, i.e. class 4 or 5, you should the keep in mind that he/she should be of the age that at the time he/she reaches 10th standard, the candidate should have attained the age of 15 years.
24th April 2017, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

My sons birth date is 4th July 2010, in this July 2017 his turning 7 yer old , but school is denying admission in class 2 and asking me to make him repeat class one . What should I do in this case ? Please advice
9th May 2017, 06:05 AM
Unregistered

My son date of birth is 20th july 2004 . Whether is he eligible for admission to IX std in CBSC School?
19th October 2017, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

My daughter date of birth is 14th dec. 2007. Whether is she eligible for admission to VI std in CBSE School?
20th October 2017, 10:18 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

CBSE defined age limit for class nursery and class 10th.
A candidate must have minimum 3 years of age to get admission in class nursery.

A candidate must have minimum 14 years of age to get admission in class 10th.
There is no any other criteria defined by CBSE board.
29th September 2019, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

My girl child date of birth 23-01-2014 , she is studying 1sandard in icse school due to migraine family I want to admission in cbse but Chennai schools not accept in 1 standard, and told out admission in ukg is it correct. reply me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?