28th April 2017, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria followed for taking admission for LKG in CBSE school?

Hello Sir/Mam, My daughter is four years old her DOB is 11 April 2013 and now I want to admit him in a CBSE school. Please tell me what is the age criteria to take admission in a CBSE school? List of best schools in Amethi? Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

29th April 2017, 03:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed for taking admission for LKG in CBSE school?

CBSE refers to Central Board of Secondary Education and it is one of the three Central board of education apart from NIOS and ICSE which offers education upto higher secondary school level in English medium with its schools all around India.

As far as you are concerned about the age criteria for admission in CBSE schools then as per the norms the age of student must not be less than 14 years by the 1st October of that year in which he/she pursues his/her Class 10th.

So being born on 14th April 2013 and looking to take admission in LKG ( Lower Kinder Garten ) your daughter is certainly eligible for admission as her age will be satisfying the age criteria for appearing in CBSE Class 10th board examination when she will be pursuing her Class 10th.

For more details about curriculum followed by CBSE you can refer to the link www.cbse.nic.in.
29th April 2017, 09:32 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed for taking admission for LKG in CBSE school?

The minimum age criteria required to take admission in LKG in CBSE Board School is 3 years 6 months as on 31st March of the year of admission. Since, your son was born on 11th April 2013, he is nearly 4 years old, so, he is eligible to get admission in LKG in CBSE Board school.
29th April 2017, 11:40 PM
khanexpert

The minimum age criteria for a candidate to get admission in Lkg in CBSE board is set at 3 years and 6 months. Therefore, before admitting your child, you should make sure to check the proper age of your child and then fill in the admission form to proceed further.
30th April 2017, 03:44 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir/Mam, My daughter is four years old her DOB is 11 April 2013 and now I want to admit him in a CBSE school. Please tell me what is the age criteria to take admission in a CBSE school? List of best schools in Amethi? Awaiting for the response. Thanks!
According to the CBSE guidelines, one must has to complete minimum of 14 years of age and maximum of 16 years on 31st of March in order to appear for 10th standard.
Since your daughter was born on 11th April 2013 she has attained the age of 4 years.
So yes, she is eligible to get admission in LKG.
21st December 2017, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir, My daughter was born on 26/02/2016, in which year I can take admission for LKG In CBSE school,
What is age criteria for taking the admission for CB SE as of date31 st March
Mail ID. [email protected]
Kindly guide me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?