18th July 2017, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

What to do, if my whole family is forcing me to opt for science?

My whole family is forcing me to opt for science, but I want to opt commerce no one is understanding they are saying commerce is having limited scope and science is having more scope and benefits they're saying that you have to score around 95 percent in commerce to get better college but in science you can get jobs and opportunities if you score 60 percent even. I am in depression. What to choose in 11th? Please help. I love commerce.

19th July 2017, 10:05 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do, if my whole family is forcing me to opt for science?

The easiest way to choose between commerce and science is, to opt for the stream in which you are interested the most and find that easy, so that you can understand better and score well in the examinations. Don't get tensed just describe about your area of interest to your parents and they will definitely understand. There is no use of choosing a stream in which you are least interested.
19th July 2017, 12:24 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

You have mentioned that you love commerce stream and this is the end of discussion.
You are advised to opt for whatever stream you are interested in.Non of your family member is going to study science stream for you, its you who have to study and score marks and if you are not comfortable with science stream then how can you score good marks in it.Therefore I will advise you to go for commerce stream instead of science stream.
There is no limit of scopes and opportunities in commerce stream.Try to do well in your respective stream and you will get good job opportunity in future for sure.
19th July 2017, 08:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Firstly let me tell you that, there are lot of job opportunities in commerce as well as science and moreover you cannot make a comparison between these two streams because they have their own value and opportunities. If you are interested in commerce stream then definitely you should opt for Commerce. It does not mean that if you will score 95% marks in science or in commerce then you are going to have very good opportunities in future what matters nowadays is your skill. You should definitely off for Commerce stream because in commerce you can create more and more interest and after that you can opt for CS stream or even any banking job. Nowadays banking jobs are numerous and you will have handsome salary.
19th July 2017, 09:17 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

If you love commerce then go for it as there are scopes in science as well as in commerce. The point is which stream fascinates you more as then only you can excel in that field. As per the family pressure is concern, make them understand about the scope in commerce as one can be a Chartered Accountant which is still one of the toughest exams to crack in India.
19th July 2017, 10:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If your whole family is forcing you to opt for Science stream and if you are interested in Commerce stream then, you need to explain them why you are interested in Commerce stream. It is best to explain your family about what are the plans that you have by pursuing Commerce stream. You need to highlight the differences between Science and Commerce stream and explain your family, so, that they will come to know why you are interested in the Commerce stream and they may allow you to choose the Commerce stream for pursuing your higher studies.
19th July 2017, 10:08 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

You should try to make your family understand about the issue that you do not want to go for science but are interested in some other field. Forcefully studying a stream will not help you with your career ahead.

You should look for your interest and the should focus on your goals. Try to convince your family and tell them that you are interested in commerce and wish to study in that field itself.
19th July 2017, 10:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Just go according to your own choice and consider your aim in life. If you have a clear aim in your mind, then you should go with it. Those who study commerce also get job these days and those who study engineering are finding it difficult to get a decent job.

Hence, it all depends on your caliber. Whatever field you choose, should be according to your aptitude. If you think, you are good at commerce, then go for it.
19th July 2017, 11:42 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Definitely Science is very good to opt and it has lots of opportunity in the upcoming future. So, your parents are right in their way.
But it is more important that what stream you are interested to choose your upcoming future. So, according to my opinion, you must go according to your wish and opt for Commerce filed so that you can explore your qualities and based on that you can succeed in your life.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?