7th February 2014, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

What to do after graduation to become IPS Officer? Detailed procedure after graduation?

I have done my 12th and scored 73% marks now i am doing my bba 2nd year i want to know that after graduation what should i do to become an ips officer i dont want to miss the chance please give me the details or the procedure after graduation please.....
thanku reply me at m gmail id [email protected]

5th March 2014, 12:12 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Default Re: What to do after graduation to become IPS Officer? Detailed procedure after graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my 12th and scored 73% marks now i am doing my bba 2nd year i want to know that after graduation what should i do to become an ips officer i dont want to miss the chance please give me the details or the procedure after graduation please.....
thanku reply me at m gmail id [email protected]
Nice to see that you're aspiring to become a IPS Officer. You have to appear in Civil Service Entrance Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission after completing Graduation course in order to become a IPS Officer.

IPS Stands for (Indian Police Service) and this Entrance Examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. The Selection Procedure for this IPS Officer Post will be divided into Civil Service Aptitude Test, Main Examination and Interview.

Students having three years bachelor degree or equivalent qualification in any discipline from recognized university and Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this IPS entrance exam.

Age should be stayed between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST and OBC category candidates as per the govt rules. Physical standards that are necessary to become a IPS Officer.

The Important Notification and other details regarding the examination will be published in employment news paper and official website of upsc.

We suggest you to appear in Civil Service Examination after completing graudation course.
15th April 2015, 05:29 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: What to do after graduation to become IPS Officer? Detailed procedure after graduation?

The posts of IPS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.
20th April 2015, 11:40 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

One can join as IPS Officer after qualifying the civil services exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility required to sit in the civil services exam are following:-

-The aspirant must be a citizen of India.

-The aspirant should have completed graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also sit in the exam.

-The aspirant age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for the general category.However, there is age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST candidates by 3 years and 5 years respectively.

The selection process consists of

*Civil Services Aptitude Test(CSAT)

*Main Examination

*Personality Interview.

The aspirant has to successfully qualify in all the stages of selection procedure to become an IPS officer.
9th January 2016, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing my BCA 2 year and I want to be an IPS officer so plz suggest me that what I have to do now
15th January 2016, 06:02 PM
Gobinda Sen

After Graduation,you are eligible for IPS exam

IPS exam conduct by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria for IPS :

Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Candidate must have passed Graduation with 55% marks from any recognized university.

Age is between 21 to 32 years.

ST/SC gets 5 years age relaxation.

OBC gets 3 years age relaxation.

Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.

Selection process :

Preliminary exam

Main Exam

Interview

Syllabus :

Paper I : General Studies
Paper II : Language Exam
Paper III : General English
Paper IV :Essay
Paper V,VI,VII,VIII and IX : Optional Subjects.

You Can check for more details :

www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?