7th January 2015, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CDS and AFCAT exam with 64.% in Electrical stream?

Dear Sir/Mam,

I have completed my engineering in 5 years with 63.5 % in electrical stream ..my question was whether i will be eligible to apply for cds and afcat 2015.. and will i have to face any kind of trouble at the time of ssb too due to the 5 year completion of my engineering??.. pls reply ASAP ..... thanx in advance.

8th January 2015, 11:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS and AFCAT exam with 64.% in Electrical stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

I have completed my engineering in 5 years with 63.5 % in electrical stream ..my question was whether i will be eligible to apply for cds and afcat 2015.. and will i have to face any kind of trouble at the time of ssb too due to the 5 year completion of my engineering??.. pls reply ASAP ..... thanx in advance.
Yes, you are eligible for CDS and AFCAT exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services examination. CDS Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

To enter the Indian Military Academy you need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Air Force Academy you need to get a B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics or a bachelor's degree in engineering/technology and your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

To enter the Naval Academy you need to have a B.E./B.Tech degree in engineering or technology or a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics and your age should be in between 19 to 22 years.

To enter the Officer's Training Academy you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be in between 19 to 25 years.

Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted for defence sector in various branch of Indian Air force(Flying,ground,technical).

If you have completed BE/B.Tech degree then you are eligible for flying branch exam. Your 12th standard subject must be physics and Mathematics. Your age should be in between 19 to 23 years.

If you have completed BE/B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering then you are eligible for technical branch exam. Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

If you have completed in PG Degree/Bachelor degree in any subjects then you are eligible for ground duty branches. Your age should be in between 19 to 27 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?