29th November 2015, 10:04 AM
NAMANA SRIVASTHA

Diploma in Electronics & Communication holder is eligible for UPSC exam?

SIR I AM Namana Srivastha sir i am completed my diploma in electronics and communication after 10th is i am elegible for upsc exam or i want to any other degree or btech/BE SIR

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for IBPS exam being a Electronics & Communication Diploma Holder?
  2. Job opportunities for Diploma or B.Tech holder in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  3. Procedure to apply for Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering for ITI holder?
  4. Diploma in Electronics & Communication holder have greater scope in Astrophysics or not?
  5. Am I eligible for PG Diploma course after Diploma in Electronics & Communication?
  6. How can I study B.Tech in Abroad after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering?
  7. What should I do after completing diploma in electronics and communication engineering?
  8. Eligibility to study Event Management course for Diploma Holder in Electronics and Communication Engineering?
  9. From where to get forms for Diploma in Electronics & Communication engineering?
  10. Can I study B.Ed after completing Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering on 10th basis?
  11. Diploma in Electronics and Communication student can do B.Sc? Duration of B.Sc for Diploma holder?
  12. How to apply for DRDO STA B electronics and communication engineering exam after passing diploma?
  13. Am I eligible for degree after completing EET? I have completed diploma in electronics and communication
  14. Government jobs Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication holder?
  15. Government jobs in Electronics field after Diploma in Electronics & Communication? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How to get admission after DIP? I am studying diploma in electronics and communication
  17. Is Electronics and telecommunication diploma holder eligible for SSC exam?
  18. Admission in B.Tech 2nd year is possible for Diploma holder?

29th November 2015, 03:28 PM
13precious

Default Re: Diploma in Electronics & Communication holder is eligible for UPSC exam?

First of all I recommend you to complete your 12th & graduation degree then apply for UPSC exams like IAS,IPS,CDS,IFS etc.

After completing 12th you are eligible for two exams conducted by UPSC that is NDA & special class railways apprentice.

To get admission in B.E /B.tech you should have to appear entrance exam like JEE mains,JEE advanced & AIEEE.

29th November 2015, 03:42 PM
maakaladla

Default Re: Diploma in Electronics & Communication holder is eligible for UPSC exam?

There are a lot of jobs available after diploma courses but if you do degree course then way to get a high paying job is much possible.
In Union Public Service Commission there are a lot of post available like:-
Army
Navy
Air Force.
Eligibility:
candidate must passed the diploma course or 12th exam or B.tech degree depend upon the posts.
unmarried candidate can allowed.
physical fitness must required.
eye sight must be good.
age is not more than 19-21 years.
must appear the entrance examination like National Defense Academy to get entry into various post available through the union public service commission.

29th November 2015, 03:48 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMANA SRIVASTHA View Post
SIR I AM Namana Srivastha sir i am completed my diploma in electronics and communication after 10th is i am elegible for upsc exam or i want to any other degree or btech/BE SIR
Only Diploma course is not valid for any candidate to appear for UPSC examination. Along with Diploma course, candidate needs to complete his/her Graduation/B.Tech in any field from recognized institute.

Note: Graduation is a compulsory educational qualification which is required for UPSC examination for any post.

29th November 2015, 06:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible for all the UPSC examination which is conducted on the higher secondary education level as the diploma is equivalent to the same degree course.

Basically with the educational qualification which you have, you are eligible for the government jobs mentioned here under :-

* You are eligible for becoming officer ( lieutenant ) in the Indian Defense Services by joining National Defense Academy ( NDA ) by clearing NDA entrance examination.

* You are eligible for becoming junior engineer in Indian Railways for which you will need to clear RRB ( Railway Recruitment Board ) examination.

* You are also eligible for becoming clerk in the government offices for which you will need to clear SSC ( Staff Selection Commission ) examination.

Apart from the educational qualification there are few more criteria which you will need to satisfy for appearing the same examination for which you can logon to their official link which are www.upsc.gov.in, www.rrbgov.nic.in and www.ssconline.nic.in respectively.

29th November 2015, 07:09 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.You are not eligible to apply for UPSC Exam. If You want to apply for UPSC , then you must have bachelor degree from a recognized university.

Various UPSC Exams
- IES (Indian Engineering Services)
- NDA (National Defence Services)
- CDS (Combined Defence Service)
- IAS (Indian Administration Services)
- IPS (Indian Police Services)
- IFS (Indian Forest Services)

Eligibility

IES
- You must have passed bachelor degree in engineering from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 30 on august month of the examination year.Age Relaxation 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

NDA
- You must have passed (10+2) in any stream from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 16 to 19.5 years of the examination year.

CDS
- You must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline for Indian Army.For Naval & Air Force wing , You must have passed bachelor degree in Engineering or Science stream from a recognized university.
- Age Limit
For Indian Army : 19 to 24 years
For Indian Naval : 19 to 22 years
For Indian Air Force : 19 to 23 years

IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS
- You must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 30 years on august month of the examination year.Age Relaxation applicable 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
- Maximum attemps allowed 6 for General & 9 for OBC. No limit of attemps for SC/ST.

29th November 2015, 07:13 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No.You are not eligible to apply for UPSC Exam. If You want to apply for UPSC , then you must have bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Various UPSC Exams
- IES (Indian Engineering Services)
- NDA (National Defence Services)
- CDS (Combined Defence Service)
- IAS (Indian Administration Services)
- IPS (Indian Police Services)
- IFS (Indian Forest Services)

Eligibility

IES
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 30 on august month of the examination year.Age Relaxation 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

NDA
- You must have passed (10+2) in any stream from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 16 to 19.5 years of the examination year.

CDS
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline for Indian Army.For Naval & Air Force wing , You must have passed bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science stream from a recognized university.
- Age Limit
For Indian Army : 19 to 24 years
For Indian Naval : 19 to 22 years
For Indian Air Force : 19 to 23 years

IAS/IPS/IFS/IRS
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 30 years on august month of the examination year.Age Relaxation applicable 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
- Maximum attemps allowed 6 for General & 9 for OBC. No limit of attemps for SC/ST.

29th November 2015, 07:49 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# You have done diploma in electronics and communication directly after matriculation. Now you are keen to appear in UPSC Examination.

# In order to be eligible for UPSC Examination (Civil Service Examination), one should be graduate in any stream. Candidates who are possessing diploma level educational qualification are not eligible. Only any bachelor degree holders are eligible.

# In this way you are presently not eligible for UPSC Examination as you only diploma holder but not degree holder.

# It is better for you to go for degree level course through lateral entry scheme. You may start pursuing any new bachelor degree from the beginning.

# Important information regarding UPSC Civil Service Examination:

* Candidate must be Indian citizen.
* Must possessing any bachelor degree from recognise university.
* Candidate of general category must be in the age limit of 21-32 years.
* Candidate of OBC category must be in the age limit of 21-35 years.
* Candidate of SC and ST categories must be in the age limit of 21-37 years.
* Candidate of Physically Handicapped category must be in the age limit of 21-42 years.
* Number of permissible number of attempts fixed for general category is six.
* Number of permissible number of attempts fixed for general category is nine.
* There is no any restriction on number of attempts for SC and ST categories.

# The scheme and pattern of UPSC Civil Service Examination:

* Preliminary Examination (Civil Service Aptitude Test)
* Mains Examination
* Interview by UPSC Panel

# List of books supposed to be quite useful in the preparation of UPSC Civil Service Examination:

* Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
*India Since Independence by Bipin Chandra
*Indian and World Geography by Majid Hussain
* Indian Economy & Performance and Policies by Uma Kapila
* India's Struggle for Independence by Bipin Chandra
* A History of Modern World by Ranjan Chakravati
* Indian Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Polity for Civil Services Examination by M. Laxmikanth
* Mc Graw Hill Education Series: Indian Economy for Civil Service Examination by Ramesh Singh

29th November 2015, 07:52 PM
ant man

Sorry to tell you that the minimum qualification required for UPSC exams is graduation.

The eligibility for UPSC exams is
1. You must have completed graduation in the required stream from a recognised university.
2. The minimum age limit for UPSC exams is 21 years.
3. The maximum age limit for UPSC exams is 30 years.
4. The age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years.
5. The age relaxation for SC/ST candidates is 5 years.

29th November 2015, 08:25 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

UPSC : The Union Public Service Commission is the India's central agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination.

If you have completed 12th before diploma then you can apply for the following :

** Special Class Railway Apprentice Exam

** National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination (NDA/NA)

Otherwise you are not eligible for any UPSE exam

So my suggestion to you is that you should go for the graduation first and then apply for various UPSE exams.

29th November 2015, 09:40 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes you need to have minimum degree to give UPSC Exam since with out having degree you are not eligible for UPSC Examination. In fact UPSC conducts lot of exams for various candidates. But to give UPSC Civil's exam you should have " Graduation ".

For eligibility criteria of UPSC Civil's you can see it from below information.

<> Graduation is major eligibility

<> Age should be in between 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation as per government norms.

<> Final year candidates of graduation are also eligible for UPSC Exan.

29th November 2015, 10:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for the UPSC examination after the diploma degree.

To appear for the civil services examination the eligibility criteria as according to the UPSC is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation degree from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years with the relaxation for the reserved category.

So, you have to pursue and complete the B.Tech/B.E degree to appear for the examination. To get the more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.

24th June 2020, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

After 10th I have done my diploma in electronics engineering. Now I m pursuing b.tech in ECE. So is it necessary to do 12th for Appearing in UPSC.

3rd August 2020, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=sarita46;5384255]Only Diploma course is not valid for any candidate to appear for UPSC examination. Along with Diploma course, candidate needs to complete his/her Graduation/B.Tech in any field from recognized institute.

Note: Graduation is a compulsory educational qualification which is require

I am Poonam. and i have done my higher education diploma in ece after 12 and i.t.i
can i apply for upsc exam?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?