29th October 2016, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

How much marks should I score in class 12th for giving JEE mains exam?

Respected Sir, I am a student of class 12th and after completing it I want to appear for JEE mains exam. Can you tell me the minimum marks required class 12th for giving JEE mains exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give JEE Main in 2017 for 3rd time? Whether JEE Advanced 2017 marks will be required for admission in NITs and IIITs?
  2. How can i get admission in DTU, NSIR and NIT without giving JEE mains exam for B.Tech after securing 80% marks in 12th class from Delhi
  3. Marks of 180 in JEE Mains is enough for JEE Advance? Where can I get admission with this marks?
  4. Is it a barrier to study B.Tech with low JEE Main score?
  5. Can I apply for JEE mains after passing 12th?
  6. Qualifications required for doing aeronautical engineering and mechanical engineering?
  7. Preparation tips for JEE Mains during the gap between 12th and JEE Mains entrance exam date?
  8. Can i get admission in Architecture college with 182 marks in AIEEE?
  9. How much marks should I score in 12th to get good rank in JEE Mains?
  10. Is the IIT entrance exam same after completion of 12th and diploma course?
  11. Should I drop a year if scored 32 marks in JEE Mains and secured 65% in 12th standard?
  12. After scoring good in improvement exam will I be considered for JEE Main or not?
  13. Whether IIIT, Hyderabad considers only JEE Main marks for admission? Cutoff marks required in JEE Mains for admission?
  14. Can I appear in JEE Mains if qualified 12th Improvement exam at Mumbai?
  15. Can I reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam after a gap of 2 years?
  16. Minimum percentage required in 12th board exam to be eligible for JEE Mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. In which college I will get admission to study B.Tech(CSE) if expected to score 60 marks in JEE Mains and above 75% in 12th CBSE? Expected rank in JEE Mains?
  18. How much percentage in 12th is necessary to appear for JEE Mains exam?
31st October 2016, 01:15 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Lightbulb Re: How much marks should I score in class 12th for giving JEE mains exam?

During the meeting held on 6th October, 2015 Human Resource Development ministry had formed a committee of 6 members named as "Ashok Mishra Committee" for reforming the current JEE examination committee.

Upon submission of the report by Ashok Mishra Committee to Human Resource Development ministry, the Human Resource Development Ministry did a press on 7th April, 2016 stating the changes to be made in the JEE 2017 examination.
According to this report, Human Resource Development Ministry has decided to make below discussed changes in JEE 2017 examination.

> Performance of 12th class will be required only for eligibility for admission in IITs, NITs and other Centrally Funded Institutes, which is as follows:-
At least 75% marks have to be obtained or the candidate has to be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th Class Examination conducted by the respective boards. This percentage requirement is further relaxed by 10% for SC/ST candidates, hence they need 65% only.

> Unlike 2016, in the year 2017, 12th boards marks will not be given 40% weighted for calculation of the ranks as in the selection criteria for admission in an IIT.

JEE 2017 applications are expected to be started from November, 2016. There is not much time left, so I would recommend every aspirant seeking related information, to wait and watch. It's just a matter of few more days, and the things will be cleared.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?