11th November 2016, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Is there any way to save tax on interest against an Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs?

I have taken an Education Loan from Bank of Rs. 3.5 Lacs and made my father a guarantor. He is an Eastern Railway employee and paying the interest of the loan amount. I just want to know that is there any way to save tax? Please help me.

Related Questions:
  1. How much amount to be claimed in Income Tax Rebate against an Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs?
  2. How can I get Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs with low interest rates to study MS in UK?
  3. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  4. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  5. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  6. Can I get an Education Loan again of Rs. 7 Lacs if already pursuing MS in US with loan of Rs. 25 Lacs?
  7. Can I get Tax Deduction if taking Education Loan of Rs. 3,50,000 Lacs?
  8. Can I get concession in an Education loan if my father is a tax paying Government employee? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. How much interest rate will be charged against an Education Loan of Rs. 8 Lacs? How and when I will get? When I have to pay after Graduation?
  10. How can I get Education Loan of Rs 25 Lacs with low interest rate to study MS in The University of Manchester?
  11. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  12. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  13. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs to study M.Pharmacy course? Interest rates charge against Education Loan?
  14. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks to study MS in US?
  15. List of Banks offering an Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs with lowest interest rates to study MBA?
  16. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs if already taken Rs 15 Lacs against Property?
  17. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  18. From where I will get an Education Loan of Rs. 8 Lacs to study MBA with lowest Interest rate?
13th November 2016, 05:54 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any way to save tax on interest against an Education Loan of Rs. 3.5 Lacs?

Yes, tax can definitely be saved for education loan while paying the interest. As per the income tax laws of India, one can get a deduction of the interest one is paying from the net taxable income. Hence , the interest amount which your father is paying will be waived off from his taxable income. Bank statement needs to be shown as a proof to get the tax benefit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?