31st December 2016, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to change my stream in the 2nd year of B.Tech course of GTU?

What is the procedure to change my stream in the 2nd year of B.Tech course? I am in 1st year of B.E. I want to change my branch from 2nd year. So, what is the process to change in GTU as the college is GTU based and what are the rules in GTU to change the branch?

31st December 2016, 08:06 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to change my stream in the 2nd year of B.Tech course of GTU?

No, it is not possible to change your stream for pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in GTU after completion of your first year B.E course. You need to pursue complete four years B.E course in the same stream to be eligible to get B.E degree certificate.

If you wish to change your stream then, you need to discontinue from the B.E course and you need to follow the same process that you have followed for taking admission in first year B.E course and then, you can start pursuing your B.E course with the stream which you are interested.
2nd January 2017, 12:38 PM
rohit tihor

Default Re: What is the procedure to change my stream in the 2nd year of B.Tech course of GTU?

There is no any standard process to change the stream, if you to go for other stram you have to first check whether ther is a vacant seat or not. If yes then you can apply for it by giving application to the administration but remember your score should be good in your 1st year.
6th January 2017, 06:43 AM
Sameerthapar123

Yes, you can change your stream when you go from 1st year to 2nd year of engineering as 1st year of engineering is common for all.
All you have to do to ensure a high chance of making this stream change happen is that you will have to perform brilliantly in the 1st year. The better your results in the 1st year, the more are your chances of getting the stream change.
There is also another factor at play here which is unfortunately not in your hands. The branch that you want to get into must have a seat vacant as per college limits i.e student(s) must opt to leave their seats in the stream that you want to get into so that a place is created and then you can get a chance to be drafted.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?