20th August 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I give IAS exam after passing 12th from Science Stream?

I am a class 12 passed student from science stream. I want to give this exam. Can i give it?

21st August 2011, 07:29 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can I give IAS exam after passing 12th from Science Stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a class 12 passed student from science stream. I want to give this exam. Can i give it?
No friend,

you cannot give it right now you need to have a degree for it to become eligible
actually IAS entrance examination is for only
degree completed candidates.

and also the applying candidates must be greater than or equal to 21 years of age.

A degree and 21 years of age are the minimum eligibility criteria for any IAS aspirant.
so your present target is to complete your degree as you have already completed your 12th in Science stream.

About Degree course selection in view of your dream(to become IAS officer)

there is no compulsion that you have to do particular in a particular stream it is completely left to your interest.
so any degree which is offered by Indian Recognized universities are valid for the examination.

About Percentages keeping in view of your dream(to become IAS officer

In this case also there is nothing like that . what ever percentage it may be you are accepted but only one thing is while applying you should have your provisional degree certificate in your hand

In that case you will get proved that you're not backed in any subject this is the proof for UPSC people who will conduct the IAS entrance examination officially called as Civil Service examination.

I hope I have said all what you have to do before attempting Civil Service examination. But you are definitely not eligible right now.
If you have any further doubts you can check the official website if you want to view the official website just click here !!

you can feel free to contact via forum also we will be happy to help you.

All the best for your future

Regards

~AdityA~
21st August 2011, 08:01 AM
ASHWANI42092

Default Re: Can I give IAS exam after passing 12th from Science Stream?

Dear friend,
It's nice to hear that you want to become IAS officer after 12th class.But sorry to say that you are not eligible for the post IAS .IAS is a civil service exam conducted by UPSC every year .For IAS a candidate should be graduate .As you said that you have just passed your 12th with science stream.For IAS first of all you will have to complete your graduation .
Eligibility criteria for IAS entrance exam are as follows :-
1]A candidate should be graduate from any stream
2]A candidate should be passed his graduation with minimum 50 % .
3]A candidate should be citizen of India .
4]Age limit between 21 to 30 years for open category.
5] For OBC candidate age relaxation is of 3 years .
6]For SC/ST candidate age relaxation is of 5 years .
7]A candidate should be citizen of India.
For further information you can log in his site that is www. upsc.gov.in
Thank you.
21st August 2011, 09:19 AM
Indrajit1978

You can get into IAS from any branch but the minimum requirement is a bachelor degree. So aim for it . Try to clear your concepts as much as you can in 12 and graduation and then sit for IAS. Also if required go for coaching.
2nd March 2012, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

Can i study Ba. Aftrer passing 12th from science stream?
8th April 2012, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

grauation of what...........i dont know much about graduation, will u tell me about tha pl.?
30th April 2012, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

An I.A.S. Examination must have a syllabus so to cover that syllabus which degree should we opt..................................?
30th April 2012, 07:54 PM
bunty00

hy,
For becoming an IAS officer, you have to qualify in the Civil Services Exam. To appear for the exam, you have to complete a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years. Candidates should be well prepared for the Preliminary, Main and Interview round. You can attempt the exam 4 times.
30th April 2012, 11:14 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,
i am sorry to say that you are not eligible for IAS exam after complete the 12th standard.

Because you should complete the graduation from recognized university with any stream.

IAS stands for indian adminstrative service.

This exam conducted by the upsc once in a year.

For more details visit the website

www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
9th May 2012, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

can you please tell me what what degrees are there after class 12 science stream and pease tell its details...
3rd June 2012, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

i'm confused what to do? i'm a commerce student in 12 class and i love social service and helping others, i wanna opt for civil services exams plz tell me what to do after 12 class....i'm from SC category and i'm bad in maths and accounts, plzz help me and rply asap.....i'm soo scared about my future plzz help...and i really wanna opt for civil exams....:(
19th June 2012, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

hellow..i m confused, i m a 12th class student of science stream, and i m a girl, i want to do some thing for our nation, i ds'nt wanna become engineer. please help me to overcome my problem. as i know NDA is not for girls. so what can i do to join any of our INDIAN force. after passing 12th from pcm. ? :)
8th July 2012, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

sir please let know which is the best coaching centre who will provide best teaching in bangalore please help me that will be great
15th March 2014, 09:53 PM

Thumbs down Re: Can I give IAS exam after passing 12th from Science Stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can you please tell me what what degrees are there after class 12 science stream and pease tell its details...
27th April 2018, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

Can l give is exam after class 12 science stream? If so please give procedure to complete Ias exam after class 12 board examination.
5th July 2020, 12:12 PM
Unregistered

can i give ias exam after passing BTech?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?