9th September 2011, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

What will I gain after passing GATE?

For which job GATE preparation have done? What will i gain After passsing gate?

11th September 2011, 12:35 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What will I gain after passing GATE?

GATE examination is not for getting job. GATE examination is conducted for taking admission in M.Tech program. also there are few company which give criterion that if you want to join there you should have GATE score. so you may said that GATE score is also used for getting job.

but original purpose of GATE examination is admission in M.Tech program. with good GATE score you will get chances to take admission in M.Tech in good institution as well as you will avail one stipend from MHRDT if you can clear the GATE cut off and with this GATE score if you go for further study.

without GATE score also you may take admission in M.Tech program but in that case you will not get any stipend for your study you have to give all expense of study yourself. but with GATE score you will get the stipend. so you will`gain so many advantages if you can clear the GATE examination.

best`wishes.
11th September 2011, 01:42 PM
millan100

Thumbs up Re: What will I gain after passing GATE?

GATE examination is conducted for taking admission in M.Tech program. also there are few company which give criterion that if you want to join there you should have GATE score. so you may said that GATE score is also used for getting job.
11th September 2011, 01:43 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Dear friend,

-i feel, gate is a much better option for engineering students specially those belonging to core branches. It immensely helps in developing your career as you are going to be at the entrance of your master’s degree. You'll get better opportunities to bring your career on a fast track with the mncs.

-after qualifying gate you'll be called by iits , nits & other institutions for counseling. You can then opt for the branch, you want to specialize in. After successfully qualifying gate, candidates are eligible to pursue doctoral programme in any chosen discipline of science such as mathematics, statistics, and computer application. If you have scored well, then you are eligible to pursue m.tech from any of the leading institutes of india. Additionally, after qualifying gate, candidates become eligible for jrf (junior research fellowship) in the csir laboratories.

-for the candidates who wish to appear for and qualify gate, pay your full attention to your studies right from the beginning. You can join a good institute for better preparation & regular update about the questions asked during the exam. Try to follow some study material for gate as it seems to be of great use to everyone.

All the best..
11th September 2011, 02:21 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
GATE exam is very useful for future career of a candidate. If you qualify the GATE exam then you will have number of benefits like-

1.You will get a chance to take admission in M.tech course.

2.If any one wants to do P.hd in a subject then maximum universities want GATE score card..

3.Some PSU's also mention that the candidate must be a GATE qualified..

4.Some PSU's does not conduct any written test they hire students on the basis of GATE score like- IOCL..

5.If you qualify in GATE exam, then it will be your one of the achievement..You can mention it your resume, when you are appearing in a campus drive of any leading software company..It will create a positive impression..

So, go for GATE exam..
All the best..
11th September 2011, 03:30 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friend,
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, usually known as GATE is conducted for admission to masters degree program in engineering, architecture and technology offered by Indian Institute of Technology and Indian Institute of Science. The examination is conducted by these bodies .

As far as the second part of your question is concerned that what will you gain from it, you may apply for any of the various fellowships awarded by many government organization having qualified the GATE.
31st October 2011, 05:16 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hello
yes GATE score card really help in getting job there are some companies i which you can apply with GATE score card NTPC,BHEL etc. there are also some another companies which also ask for GATE score card.
16th November 2011, 09:13 AM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

GATE examination is not for getting job. GATE examination is conducted for taking admission in M.Tech program. also there are few company which give criterion that if you want to join there you should have GATE score. so you may said that GATE score is also used for getting job.

but original purpose of GATE examination is admission in M.Tech program. with good GATE score you will get chances to take admission in M.Tech in good institution as well as you will avail one stipend from MHRDT if you can clear the GATE cut off and with this GATE score if you go for further study.

without GATE score also you may take admission in M.Tech program but in that case you will not get any stipend for your study you have to give all expense of study yourself. but with GATE score you will get the stipend.
26th June 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

how many marks should get in gate to aaply structural engineering in m tech;
10th November 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

use of gate exam
10th November 2012, 09:03 PM
sai@killer

Quote:
hello sir,

GATE GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING is a test conducted every year all over india in month of febraury.it is the entrance test for higher studies i.e. Mtech.if you dont want to go for higher studies you can apply for government companies like bsnl,bhel,ongc,gail...etc in order to get a good government job..
10th November 2012, 10:17 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

GATE stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST examination is conducted for taking admission in M.Tech program.GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee).
11th November 2012, 09:00 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is for the admission in M.Tech programme in top most colleges of India.

With respect to the score of the GATE,you can get admission in some reputed Institutions like the IITs,NITs and others.The better the GATE score you have,the better colleges you get admission in.

Nowadays,a valid GATE score in some of the Public Sector Companies like NTPC,ONGC,GAIL,IOCL etc..is mandatory to apply for the Graduate Engineers Trainees posts.

The Eligibility for GATE is-:

Bachelor degree in Engineering OR Masters degree in any branch like Science/Computer Applications.

Candidates in the final year of such programmes can also apply for GATE.

Good Luck.
11th November 2012, 04:34 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What will I gain after passing GATE?

Quote:
Dear,

As you know that to day engineering is getting very common. Even a below average student manage to get a B.tech degree, thanks to large number of private engineering colleges that has opened in every city. Now in almost every street of every city there is an engineer or it will be better to call them as B.tech degree holders.

These private engineering colleges have made the level of engineering education very low and thus all the engineering graduates from these colleges are low level B.tech graduates.

GATE can be said as an assessment of engineering students. Measurement of their knowledge and capability. If you qualify GATE it means that you are a true engineer and if you qualify it with good percentile it will add to your qualification.

GATE provide following benefits:
  1. If you qualify GATE with above 90 percentile then you will be eligible to take admission in IIT,IIIT and NIT colleges in M.tech course.
  2. If you manage to get rank between 1-300 you get shortlisted by many PSUs for interview and you get a chance to get recruited by them.
  3. GATE scores give a nice impact of you and it helps you even getting job in private companies also.

The level of this exam is high and if you want to give this exam seriously you need to prepare well for it too!

GOOD LUCK!
11th November 2012, 09:10 PM
ut4972

GATE stands for graduate aptitude test in engineering

it is the entrance exam for higher studies in engg. field
just like AIEEE & JEE for b.tech . gate is competitive exam for m.tech
some government run companies also OFFER JOBS ON THE BASIS OF GATE SCORE
so its a great opportunity if u want a stable carrier
12th November 2012, 12:15 AM
azhardon

without GATE score also you may take admission in M.Tech program but in that case you will not get any stipend for your study you have to give all expense of study yourself. but with GATE score you will get the stipend. so you will`gain so many advantages if you can clear the GATE examination.

best`wishes.
25th January 2013, 08:46 AM
sahoop
Senior Member+++

hi,,,

gain after passing GATE

1.Some PSU's does not conduct any written test they hire students on the basis of GATE score like- IOCL

2.Some PSU's also mention that the candidate must be a GATE qualified

3.If any one wants to do P.hd in a subject then maximum universities want GATE score card

4.You will get a chance to take admission in M.tech course

all the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?