17th September 2011, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 58% in 12th with Non-Medical and married?

i m 12th pass & i have 58% in non-medical now i m married am i eligible for IAS
waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 30 years old married woman, belong to Jammu & Kashmir and got married in HP
  2. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 29 years old married woman(Graduate) and having two kids, belong to Hindu religion and got married in Muslim religion
  3. Can a married person apply for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)
  5. Will I get extra attempt in IAS exam? I am a general candidate and got married with a OBC man. What would be my category now?
  6. Possibility to get admission in 10th as a Private candidate if completed Graduation being a 27 years old married woman?
  7. What's the eligible criteria for CDS? Are married males eligible for SSB(OTA)?
  8. Can I appear in BITSAT 2016 for second time?
  9. Which Companies am I eligible for Campus Placements being a candidate having secured 62% in 10th, 58% in 12th and 67% in BE?
  10. Eligibility to study MBBS with scholarship for a candidate who has secured 91.63% in 12th?
  11. Eligibility criteria for DUMET?
  12. Am I eligible for KCET if I have completed 12th standard from Andhra Pradesh?
  13. Am I eligible to get any scholarship if secured 97% in 12th Kerala State Board being a B.Sc(Physics) candidate?
  14. How can I become a ticket checker? What is the qualification required? How much is the salary
  15. Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate? -- [New]
  16. Studies in Canada for a candidate who has secured 56% in 12th non-medical?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if secured 77% in 10th CBSE and 65% in 12th Jharkhand Board?
  18. Eligibility to apply in IBM for a candidate secured 82%, 56% and 63% in 10th, 12th and B.E.(Chemical Engineering) respectively?
17th September 2011, 02:50 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 58% in 12th with Non-Medical and married?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m 12th pass & i have 58% in non-medical now i m married am i eligible for IAS
waiting for your reply.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam is as follows....

Minimum academic qualifications - A degree from a recognised university or equivalent

Age Limit - 21-30 years as on 1.8.2011

-> So you must have degree to write the exam... you can try to finish it as soon as possible and prepare for the exam simultaneously...

-> Any more queries just leave a post in our forum...
17th September 2011, 03:41 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 58% in 12th with Non-Medical and married?

to become an IAS officer you have to appear in Civil service examination conducted by UPSC. the eligibility criterion for civil service examination is candidate should have minimum of graduation in degree from any discipline from any recognized institution. also the age must be in between 21 to 30 to appear in civil service examination for general category candidates. reservation are there for reserved candidates.

you have passed only 12th so you will not be eligible to appear in civil service examination. if you want to become IAS officer you have to complete first graduation in any discipline but at that time you have to fulfill the age eligibility criterion also.

civil service examination is conducted by UPSC. visit the UPSC official website to get all details about civil service examination http://www.upsc.gov.in

best wishes.
17th September 2011, 03:58 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 58% in 12th with Non-Medical and married?

your marriage and your 12th percentage is not a problem for you to appear in the Civil Service Exams..

In order to appear for the Civil Service Exams..you should satisfy the following criterion :-

1) you should be a graduate from any stream from a recognized college..

2) your age should be between 21-30 years for general..21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

the maximum number of attempts for general is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit
17th September 2011, 03:58 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
To be eligible for Indian Administrative Service, you must hold a bachelors degree. The selection of Indian Administrative Service officer is done through civil service exam which is conducted by union public service commission and as per their standard, candidate holding a bachelors degree in any stream, within the age limit of 21-30 years are eligible for the exam.
So, if you want to join the Indian Administrative Service as an officer, you must be a graduate and qualify the civil service examination.
17th September 2011, 04:40 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Yes,definitely you can appear in IAS exam bit before that you have to completed the graduation.

If you are so interested for IAS,after being Engineers, Doctors, or Ph.d you can sit IAS exam conducted by UPSC.

Application forms will come out in the month of January.

According to the new exam pattern of the IAS exam
1) General-Studies paper which carries 150 marks

2) Optional paper which carries 150 marks.

Eligibility Criteria :-

1.Educational Qualification:To appear in IAS exam you should have a Graduation degree in any stream from a recognize University. If you are in final year you can also eligible to apply for the examination.

2.Age:The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination. The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to reservation category.

for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th September 2011, 07:18 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello frnd,
eligiblity for IAS is degree in any descipline from any recognised university and age limit is 21-30...... as you are a 12th pass student so for IAS first you will have to get a degree and after that you will be eligible..........
for further detail you can visit upsc site which is www.upsc.gov.in
17th September 2011, 08:21 PM
praveendia

take three thing in mind graduation age below 30 and gud knowledge of subject.third point is later stage first two are elgibility criteria.if u met these. than u r eligible
8th January 2012, 10:10 PM
chiknichameli

the eligibility criterion for civil service examination is candidate should have minimum of graduation in degree from any discipline from any recognized institution. also the age must be in between 21 to 30 to appear in civil service examination for general category candidates. reservation are there for reserved candidates.you have passed only 12th so you will not be eligible to appear in civil service examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?