20th December 2015, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Can i join Indian Navy after Diploma in Mechnatronics?

I am vivian richards. I have done diploma in mechatronics sandwich 3rd year. I want to know if i can join Indian Navy on this qualification basis?

20th December 2015, 06:42 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i join Indian Navy after Diploma in Mechnatronics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am vivian richards. I have done diploma in mechatronics sandwich 3rd year. I want to know if i can join Indian Navy on this qualification basis?
No, diploma in Mechatronics candidates are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
20th December 2015, 07:33 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Navy after diploma. To join Indian Navy candidates have to qualify in NDA examination.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from recognised board.

Candidate's must have following discipline in 10+2 for different wing as :-
* Indian Army --- 10+2 in any discipline.
* Air Force and Navy-- 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear for Navy. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
21st December 2015, 01:00 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to join Indian Navy if they do not have passed 10+2.

As to join Indian Navy it is essential to have mathematics and physics in 10+2 and age of candidate must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you are not eligible to appear for NDA examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd December 2015, 11:30 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say you that you cannot join Indian Navy after the completion of Diploma in Mechatronics as you are not eligible for this course.
Candidates those who have completed class 12th or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.
Candidates age must not be above 20 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?