4th November 2011, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

In which subject can I opt for writing IAS or IPS exam?

Hi my name is keshava naidu mechanical engineer , my question is which subject can i opt for writing IAS or IPS exam , and i belong to 2A category how many time can i appear for exam .

5th November 2011, 06:59 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: In which subject can I opt for writing IAS or IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi my name is keshava naidu mechanical engineer , my question is which subject can i opt for writing IAS or IPS exam , and i belong to 2A category how many time can i appear for exam .
IAS : Indian Administrative Service.

IPS : Indian Police Service.

in this way there are nearly 23 services under Indian Civil Services

to get job in any one of these services you have to clear a common entrance exam called UPSC Civil Service exam. ,
It is called like that because the exam is conducted by UPSC, UPSC Is a constitutional body which will recruit the right personnel in to prestigious positions.

In Civil Service Exam the selection procedure is done in three levels.
first level Civil Services Aptitude Test.
second Level Mains Exam.
Third Level Personal Interview.

For First level the syllabus will be common for all so no need of selecting any subjects. you have to follow the common syllabus prescribed by UPSC.

In Second Level, you have to select two optional subject from the pre defined list of optional subjects by USPC.
you can select any optional subject regardless of your background. as you're from mechanical steam there is a optional subject that is directly related to Mechanical so it is a good advantage for you.

Selecting next optional should be done carefully with proper planning and knowledge about that particular optional subject.

Here is optional subject list please do have a look at it.

>>Agriculture
>>Management
>>Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
>>Mathematics
>>Anthropology
>>Mechanical Engineering
>>Botany
>>Medical Science
>>Chemistry
>>Philosophy
>>Civil Engineering
>>Physics
>>Commerce & Accountancy
>>Political Science & International Relations
>>Economics
>>Psychology
>>Electrical Engineering
>>Public Administration
>>Geography
>>Sociology
>>Geology
>>Statistics
>>Indian History
>>Zoology
>>Law

you can select any two from this list.
planning properly by understanding the time you have to select. Take the expert opinion before committing to particular optionals.

you should also think about the availability of study materials in your city/town/village.

Number of Attempts
For general applicants : 4 times.
for OBC Applicants : 7 times until their max age limit.
For SC/ST applicants : No Limit till their max age limit.

all the best for civil Service Exam

Regards
5th November 2011, 11:50 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which subject can I opt for writing IAS or IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello friend,
As you know that the civil service exam comprise of two written examination and an interview.
In the first stage of the written exam, known as civil service aptitude test, you will have to write two compulsory papers based on general studies and civil service aptitude test.

In the second stage of the written examination, known as the Main exam, you'll have to write both compulsory and optional papers.

The compulsory subjects in the main exam are :
One Indian language, English, Essay and General studies.

The optional paper in the exam are as follows:
Agriculture Mathematics, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mechanical Engineering Botany, Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics, Commerce,Political Science ,Economics ,Psychology, Electrical Engineering, Public Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian,History, Zoology,Law.

So, you may select any two subjects depending upon your interest and expertise but you are not allowed to take the following combination of subjects:

Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration
Commerce and Management
Anthropology and Sociology
Maths and Statistics
Agriculture and Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Management and Public Administration
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science
Any two branches of engineering
6th November 2011, 12:47 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

HI,
Optional subjects for IAS and IPS exam : Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology.

the number of attempts for open category:- 4
number of attempts for ST/SC :-7
11th December 2011, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

I want to ask i am from small town.i have no proper knowledge for i.p.s.,i am second year B.C.A. Student.please tell me how can i study or prepair for i.p.s. Exam.
29th May 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

i m a studnt of computer science engineering. my question is in which subject can i opt for IAS or IPS exam.
29th May 2012, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

hi,i m stuent of computer science engineering .my question is ,in which subject can i for writing IAS or IPS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?