20th November 2010, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

How to prepare for medical entrance exams? Which books to opt for?

i want to crack the medical entrance exams. kindly give me some tips for it. also tell me as to which books should i study in order to be successful

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for AIIMS and AIPMT? Books to be preferred for medical entrance exams?
  2. Best books for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Maths for various Medical and Non-Medical entrance exams?
  3. How to prepare well for medical joint entrance exam like WBJEE, AIPMT, JIPMER?
  4. List of selected books which are good for medical entrance examinations like WBJEE, AIPMT etc?
  5. How to prepare for Ph.D Mass Communication exam? Which books to opt for? Date of exam and fee structure for the course?
  6. Good Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams?
  7. Can I prepare for Medical Entrance Exams while doing B.Tech first year?
  8. How to prepare for the MBA entrance exams? List of best reference books to prepare for the exams? -- [New]
  9. How should i prepare for medical entrance exams keeping in mind the various format of exams throughout the nation?
  10. Books to prepare for Medical Entrance Exams without any coaching classes? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How should i prepare for medical entrance exams keeping track of various subjects and study hours?
  12. How to prepare for medical entrance exams and which are the best colleges in this field?
  13. How should I prepare for medical entrance exams? I am studying in class 9th currently?
  14. How should I prepare for medical entrance exams? I am studying in class 9th currently?
  15. Books to prepare for Medical entrance exams for 9th standard student?
  16. What should I do after my graduation? Which college should I prefer for MJMC and How can I prepare for entrance exams? Suggest some reference books for the same?
  17. Reference books for the preparation of BCECE Medical, JCECE Medical and St. John Medical entrance exams?
  18. What are the entrance exams for 12th passed non medical students? How to prepare for the same?
22nd November 2010, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to prepare for medical entrance exams? Which books to opt for?

Its december and what is the best way to go about the preparations for the entrance?
22nd November 2010, 05:59 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

HELLO,if there is a will there is a way.i'll give some tips not only for qualify the exam but also to maintain the life style-
*wake up every day early in the morning,in for a walk, excercise for atleast 25 min.
*take breakfast it's known as brainfood which keep you fresh in your day.
*study for 2-4hr.take lunch between 12-1:25pm.after lunch you can rest for some time.
*study for 2-3hr.you can go for sports for 25-55min.it will keep you active.you can take some fruits if you feel hungry.
*take dinner between7-8pm.after dinner you can spend yor time for solving some physics numerical or can revise the biology have studied at yor study hr.
*go to sleep between 10:25-10:45pm.remember don't study late night it will just tense yor mind,sleep atleast 6 hr so yor brain will prepare for the next day grasp.
you can prefer DINESH PUBLICATION for biology(K.N.Bhatia & K.bhatia) & chemistry.
for physics you can prefer H.C. VERMA of bharti bhawan publication.
BEST OF LUCK.
11th December 2010, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

DINESH PUBLICATION for Biology and PRADEEP PUBLICATION for Physics and Chemistry is famous here in Nepal.
16th December 2010, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 10.i am interested in biology and score 98 percent and above.though i am equally good in physics chemistry and maths but i dont have much interest in them.i prefer to be either a cardiological surgeon or researcher on medicines of AIDS or spacebiologist.can u suggest which branch is more easy,comfortable,has more suretity of establishment and is economic as i come from a middle class family.pls give ur detailed suggestions along with books necessary to be studied,exams to be given and institute to be prefered.
18th December 2010, 01:49 AM
nishant1110

Cracking is not cake, but a few things might help

1. The books:
Phy: HC Verma, Resnick-Halliday
Chem: NCERT, Arihant Organic Chem
Bio: Trueman Elementary Biology (Bhatia & Tyagi)
2. The school:
Believe me even if some people say you should prefer non-attending ones. Going to a real school in +2 keeps your morale up, motivates you to compete with others, maintains a friendly environment, brings you in contact with contemporary people and helps you with good teachers to ask doubts.
3. Tuition/Coaching:
I'm doing without this part, but if you really need support, don't hesitate. There are teachers in the market who care for their stomach. There are more who care both for you and their stomach. There are more who care only for you. Choose the better of them. The third kind is hard to find. Crash course may hit the mark.
4. Time management:
Its December, yes. Its late? No. You might do as well if you force yourself from now. Be serious, be bold and face whatever. Try to give in as much time as you can, and give balanced time to all subjects, slightly more to biology, because in some exams, bio carries double the marks of physics or chemistry. Try to memorize everything you read from the very first time, as if the exam were tomorrow. And from February, start solving questions - more than 500 a day from various topics in all subjects, changing subjects when you feel bored of one. Bio is made with the maximum speed. Try doing 100 Biology questions within 1 hour.

Wishing you a bright career in Medicine
nishant1110
28th December 2010, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

sir, i wish to pass the all india medical entrance exam 2012.i am studying in 11th and have not prepared anything for the exam. what should i do
29th December 2010, 07:59 PM
yajvendra

dear friend if you are preparing for medical entrance exam then you consult NCERT books ,and solve the mock test papers as much you can,solve the previous year papers.
mainly you have to read NCERT books.
good luck
26th January 2011, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

i am in eight standard.i have a great will for becoming a doctor. how i wants to prepare
27th January 2011, 09:24 PM
prtk.co

For crack entrance of medical exam you need to do work very hard.You must study for several hours countineously by making your suitable timetable.You can study from these books.
Physics-HC Verma
Chemistery-OP Tondon
Biology-K. Bhatia
26th February 2011, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

I'm in 10 standard and i'm confused what to opt in 11 class. I want to become a doctor. So it will be good for me by opting Physics ,Chemistry,biology and Computer
6th March 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

i have just completed 11th and worried about entrance test as the whole year i have focussed on cbse syllabus how should i know manage my time to crack medical entrnce? what books should i preffer?
7th March 2011, 12:05 AM
dheerajvtodkar07

Hello,
Preparation of the medical entrance is the common thing,but how we prepare it is the most important thing.
If basic and deep study is clear then nothing is hard.
First arrange the time table of your days and also month as considering the syllabus.
But dont take any type of tension because in tension any work is not done properly.
Then arrange your daily routin activity in short time and use this time for your preparation.
Take healthy food during this period because health is most important in exams.
During study prepare the self notes dont use others notes.
Use simple language books which is helpful of any publication.
This is not important that which type of books are used but important is that how we prepare for exams.
So,
Study properly not only hard.
Best of luck for your feature.
Dheeraj
23rd March 2011, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

i m studying in 11th class i want to crack in pmt entrancs exam. i dont know which book to refer and how to prepare?
27th March 2011, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

hi pls tell me how much time should i give for self study as i have to attend school and tutions.i am in class 12 and i want to score good marks as well as qualifing entrance exam.
5th April 2011, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for medical entrance exams? Which books to opt for?
9th April 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

do we have to attend any coaching class in standard 11 to prepare for the medical entrance exam ?
12th April 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

Is there anybody who knows the name of the book, which containing all three subjects PCB. MCQ book for entrance exam. Myself name kalsang tsering.
14th April 2011, 04:37 PM
akkilala
Member+

hi dear
if you are preparing for medical entrance exam then you consult NCERT books ,and solve the mock test papers as much you can,solve the previous year papers.
mainly you have to read NCERT books.
good luck

thanks
22nd April 2011, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare for dumet entrance exam
27th April 2011, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am studying in class 11. how can i crack pmt without attending any coaching classes? which books should i read?
20th May 2011, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

BEST BOOK FOR MEDICAL ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
21st May 2011, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Sir ,
i am in clss 11 now.i want to crack the medical entrance exam.how are COMPREHENSIVE physics and chemistry.and whch book should i follow for biology?i find NCERT too boring is there any alternative?
29th May 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

i want to prepaere for aipmt for 1 year.which book i must follow.
2nd June 2011, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

the best way to crack medical examination is continous hard work throughout the year......u'ii h've to b honest with ur study....for, biology u can prefer trueman's biology........ and for physics , chemistry any book with claer basic concept and simple language............. GOOD LUCK NEHA
10th June 2011, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

I think physics is a very tough subject. How wo should prepare for it to crack medical entrance exams? I feel so difficulty in solving its numericals?
11th June 2011, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

hello, i m good in my biology & physics but i m not good in maths & chemistry i want to prepare for the medical tests. can you please suggests some good books for the medical tests & how to prepare for that?
12th June 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

sir please tell me from which book of bio should i study so that i can crack AIPMT exam.
and also the books for chemistry and physics
15th June 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

will ALL INDIA MEDICAL ENTRANCE exam replace wbjee from next year?
18th June 2011, 06:06 PM
Unregistered

sir i m a medical aspirant, but my major problem is "management" .can you please help how to manage all 3 subject??
21st June 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of 12th standard and preparing for medical exams but the problem is i hv no basic knowledge of 11th standard please suggest me how to manage both in a year.?
23rd June 2011, 05:36 PM
amit gaur2065

Dear if you want to go in medical field, thats a very good choice, so for it, you should work hard, you should give 10-12 hours per day,and you can refer these books>DINESH PUBLICATION for biology(K.N.Bhatia & K.bhatia) & chemistry,and for physics you can prefer H.C. VERMA of bharti bhawan publication.
you should completed these books 2- 3 times then you get success surely, so go for your target
25th June 2011, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

i am really confused with everything and i am not able to understand how to qualify med. ent exams without doing coaching classes please help me out.i am a 12th passed out and would be doing bsc this year but i heartily wanna bcum a doctor please give me some guidelines.
1st July 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

im planning to repeat. which all books should i follow??
9th July 2011, 11:35 AM
Shanmathi

pradeeps objectives and arihant prev yr question papers sufficient
9th July 2011, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

how much hours shoukd one actually spend in studies to crack the medical?
18th July 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir.m sneha.i hv pasd out clas twelve nd takng coachng for medicals in aakash institute.cn u pls gv me sum tips for crkng d entrances.m weak in physics.pls help me out
18th August 2011, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

droping a year for preparation fpr PMT is write or not?
19th August 2011, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

i m preparing for medical entrance..everything is fym jst dat i m nt being able to concentrate d way i shud b doing..nd i waste a lot of time thinking about dis nd dat..pls help me..wat can increase my concentration?
2nd September 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare medical entrance exam and which book should ifolloe
2nd September 2011, 07:27 PM
S-R-B

Friend..... prepare for medical entrance exams some rules may you have follows:

*study for 2-4hr.before take lunch ..
*After study for 2-3hr.you can go for sports for 25-55min.it will keep you active.you can take some fruits if you feel hungry.
*take dinner between7-8pm.after dinner you can spend yor time for solving some physics numerical or can revise the biology have studied at yor study hr.
*go to sleep between 10:25-10:45pm.remember don't study late night it will just tense yor mind,sleep atleast 6 hr so yor brain will prepare for the next day grasp.

The books prepare for medical entrance exams are:-
Phy: HC Verma, Resnick-Halliday
Chem: NCERT, Arihant Organic Chem
Bio: Trueman Elementary Biology (Bhatia & Tyagi)

ALL THE BEST.....
4th October 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

sir i have listened that from 2012 the enterance test will be common so now we have to prepare objective or only subjective..........my self neha plz give me answer as soon as possible.......
23rd November 2011, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir , when will u give the ans. of above ques.??????
30th November 2011, 01:49 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hello,
Preparation of the medical entrance is the common thing,but how we prepare it is the most important thing.
If basic and deep study is clear then nothing is hard.
First arrange the time table of your days and also month as considering the syllabus.
But dont take any type of tension because in tension any work is not done properly.
Then arrange your daily routin activity in short time and use this time for your preparation.
Take healthy food during this period because health is most important in exams.
During study prepare the self notes dont use others notes.
Use simple language books which is helpful of any publication.
1st December 2011, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

I am a 12th class student and want to qualify for the entrance examination at every cost. I want to know how go for it, which books to consult, how to make studies exciting and intresting and how much time to give for my studies?
12th December 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I have completed my 12th std, and now doing graduation with Botany as my honours subject. I want to appear the medical entrances of 2012. Can I start my preparations from now for the entrance exams?
12th December 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I have completed my 12th std and now doing graduation with Botany as my honours subject. I want to appear the medical entrances coming year, can I start preparing from now?
19th December 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am in std 11,nd i go to skul frm 7am to 3pm nd thn coaching from 5pm to 9pm..i cant undrstand how to clear my fundamentals in PCM nd how to manage time to crack medical entrance..plz help..
25th December 2011, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

which type of preparation in physics is required for aipmt,bhu,aiims exam 2012
3rd January 2012, 09:11 AM
Unregistered

sir, i'm in cls 11 n will be cls 12 aft 1-2 months.as i'm not giving any med. test series,i'm feeling nervous bt i want to crack pmt.sir,plz give me some suggestions
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?