1st May 2012, 01:58 AM
sanjay.kr9097

Can I appear for NDA and IAS exam after passing 12th? I am have spectacles

i am student of class 12 . i am having spectacles... can i appear for NDA and IAS EXAM???

1st May 2012, 09:43 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NDA and IAS exam after passing 12th? I am have spectacles

If you are interested for Defence service you can apply for NDA after 12th. But if you are interested for Administrative Service then you can appear for IAS exam after Graduation.

NDA - NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY exam conducted by UPSC twice every year for entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream form a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

IAS- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
1st May 2012, 10:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for NDA and IAS exam after passing 12th? I am have spectacles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay.kr9097 View Post
i am student of class 12 . i am having spectacles... can i appear for NDA and IAS EXAM???
You are in 12th standard so you are applicable for NDA exam but you must fulfill the below given criteria.

But sorry to say that you are not applicable now for IAS exam because the minimum educational qualification required is Graduation.So you can try here after completion of your graduation degree.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy .This exam is conducted by upsc twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed 12th standard with science departments are applicable for NDA exam.Commerce students are applicable only for Indian Army Exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.There are no age relaxation criteria for SC/ST criteria.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.Also you must have citizenship of India.

If you have fulfill the eye-sight criteria , then you are applicable for NDA exam.

EYE-SIGHT CRITERIA FOR NDA EXAM=>

For more details you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

1st May 2012, 10:49 AM
Peehu rajput

Thumbs up Re: Can I appear for NDA and IAS exam after passing 12th? I am have spectacles

Quote:
no dear you can't as in NDA And IAS Exams they want physical fit man and they need 6'6 eye sight. Bt you can make Your eyesight good bye eating lots of carrot then you can appear .all the best
1st May 2012, 11:04 AM
vickydhupia2010

hi
i want to tell you that if you passed your 12th then you are eligible only for NDA exam but you are not eligible for IAS exam because the minimum qualification for the IAS is graduation.
for NDA exam you will have to fulfill the eligiblity and physical criteria .
as you said that your eye sight is weak then it would be very difficult for you to cross the physical criteria for the NDA exam.
the visual standard for the NDA is:

other physical standered for NDA are:

if you fulfill all the condition which is given above then you are eligible for it.

thank you
all the best
1st May 2012, 12:41 PM
pardhu puri

you can't just appear for any of the exam you have mentioned right now because NDA asks you proper eyesight as a physical standards for appearing the exam and IAS, to appear this prestigious exam, u have to first finish your graduation in any of the prescribed subjects,and no matter you have an eye sight....
FOR APPEARING NDA,
1. height: not within157.5cms to 162.5cms cannot apply for Air Force wing.
2. chest is less than 81cms cannot apply.
3. Candidates should have proper eye-sight.
4.They should not be overweight or under weight.
8th May 2012, 04:00 AM
Unregistered

Can art or commerce stream students are applicable for nda exam?
8th May 2012, 04:10 PM
param pita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay.kr9097
You are in 12th standard so you are applicable for NDA exam but you must fulfill the below given criteria.

But sorry to say that you are not applicable now for IAS exam because the minimum educational qualification required is Graduation.So you can try here after completion of your graduation degree.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy .This exam is conducted by upsc twice time in a year.

Those candidate have completed 12th standard with science departments are applicable for NDA exam.Commerce students are applicable only for Indian Army Exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.There are no age relaxation criteria for SC/ST criteria.

Only unmarried male candidate are applicable for NDA exam.Also you must have citizenship of India.

If you have fulfill the eye-sight criteria , then you are applicable for NDA exam.

EYE-SIGHT CRITERIA FOR NDA EXAM=>
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS Mains Sample Paper 1.pdf(1.95 MB, 90 views)
File Type: doc IAS-Prelims-Paper-I-Solved-2011.doc(86.0 KB, 66 views)
24th May 2012, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I am doing 12 with science and 18 year old. but I am looking as 22 years old. Am I eligible for NDA exams?
1st June 2012, 12:14 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

Yes, You are eligible to apply for NDA Examination after completing your 12Th examination from Arts Stream. NDA stands for National Defence Academy and This examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a Year.

Only Unmarried Male candidates between the age of 16.5 to 19 Years are apply for National Defence Academy Examination.

To apply for this examination, you must be Medically and Physically Fit in all the Respects. The Selection in this examination are Based on Written Test, medical Test and Personal Interview and those who cracked the Written examination are called for SSB Interview for Final Selection.

Finally Selected Candidates are eligible for NDA Training.

So, You are eligible to apply for Army wings of NDA and if you are Interested, then please fill the NDA Application form From 01/Jan/2012 to 30/Jan/2012.

The Notification of NDA(I) 2012 Examination will be Published Today In the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website.

http://upsc.gov.in

Best Of Luck
1st June 2012, 12:18 AM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

Yes, You are eligible to apply for NDA Examination after completing your 12Th examination from Arts Stream. NDA stands for National Defence Academy and This examination is Conducted by UPSC, Twice in a Year.

Only Unmarried Male candidates between the age of 16.5 to 19 Years are apply for National Defence Academy Examination.

To apply for this examination, you must be Medically and Physically Fit in all the Respects. The Selection in this examination are Based on Written Test, medical Test and Personal Interview and those who cracked the Written examination are called for SSB Interview for Final Selection.

Finally Selected Candidates are eligible for NDA Training.

So, You are eligible to apply for Army wings of NDA and if you are Interested, then please fill the NDA Application form From 01/Jan/2012 to 30/Jan/2012.

The Notification of NDA(I) 2012 Examination will be Published Today In the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC Website.

So, please check the UPSC Website Regulary for More Information about NDA Examination and for completed Details check UPSC Website :

http://upsc.gov.in
22nd September 2012, 07:38 PM
Unregistered

hi..
what is the age limit for the SC/ST candidates to apply for NDA And IAS exam ???
22nd November 2013, 10:20 PM
pavankayan

Quote:
i need information
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?