7th May 2012, 09:15 PM
saurabhumbare

Do I need to go for masters degree in Economics to appear for Indian Economics service exams? I am pursuing CA

Hi
I am pursuing CA. and will be giving CA final Exam very soon. Do I need to go for Masters degree in Economics for appearing the Indian Economic Services exams??

Related Questions:
  1. Do I need to go for masters degree in Economics to appear for Indian Economics service exams? I am pursuing CA
  2. Jobs after pursuing masters in Economics from Punjab University Chandiagarh?
  3. Can I pursue my Masters in Economics after graduating from BCom Hons..?
  4. Which course is a better choice for me between MBA in Finance and Masters degree in Economics Honors after completion of B.Sc Economics?
  5. Which is better between masters in economics or masters in business economics?
  6. How to join Army as an officer? I am pursuing masters degree in economics
  7. Scope after doing Masters in Economics?
  8. Can I apply for ISS or IES after MSc(Operations Research)? What is the scope of operations research?
  9. Universities offering PHD in Economics without requiring Masters degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is it worth studying M.Sc Economics at Symbiosis School of Economics?
  11. Masters degree in Agricultural Economics after Bachelors Degree in Agricultural Economic a better option than doing a job after Bachelor's?
  12. How many seats are there in Indian Economics Service
  13. Am I eligible to get government job if I have scored 75% in Commerce post graduation and visually challenged? -- [New]
  14. Eligibility for IES exam after graduation in Chemistry and Post graduation in Computer Science?
  15. How to do masters in economics? Does IIT offer masters in economics? List of colleges in South India?
  16. Is it worthy doing M.Sc Economics honours after B.Sc Economics honours?
  17. IES exam for 3rd year Engineering student?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for M.A.(Economics) in Delhi School of Economics if pursuing B.A. General with Economics from Allahabad University?

9th May 2012, 06:18 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to go for masters degree in Economics to appear for Indian Economics service exams? I am pursuing CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhumbare View Post
Hi
I am pursuing CA. and will be giving CA final Exam very soon. Do I need to go for Masters degree in Economics for appearing the Indian Economic Services exams??
In order to write the Indian Economic Service exam, conducted by Union Public Service Commission, you got to have any of the following qualification:
  • Master of Applied Economics
  • Master of Economics
  • Master of Business Economics
  • Master of Econometrics
As far as age limit is concerned, the minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years for General Category, 33 years for OBC category and 35 years for SC/ST category.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?